Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2986968#it...

Conclusion:

This has to be rated as a kids game and it has to be rated by how much your daughter will like it. This game is all about the Disney Princesses being all over it. Yet, there is a game here; albeit it one that lacks decisions.

The game is really simple to learn and will play better with younger girls. Even so, the theme will last a long time with young girls. The girls will love making the cup cakes and scoring points.

It is a silly game and usually my daughter doesn't play to win and/or score points. She normally loves scoring points, but in this game it is second to building those cup cakes.

This isn't a game that you will love playing over and over with your kids. Yet, your kids will love playing it over and over.

I will keep this until my daughter out grows it. Let me be clear, the theme carries the game, but she also loves making the cup cakes. The "game" is lacking though.

Components:

The components are great and really are top notch for a kids game (or otherwise). The tiles are very thick, but the art work could be more clear on it. The cards are made nicely and will last despite the abuse of the kids. The cup cakes are a fun rubber and work great. The cup cakes look great. There are some issues for my three year putting the cup cakes together, but it will come with age.

Rule Book:

The rules are just a single sheet of paper. The rules are simple to pick up and can be read in 60 seconds. I had zero issues with the rules.

Flow of the Game:

The flow is rather simple.

At the start of the game, you get some cards which has a princess on it and recipes to make their favorite cup cake. Each cup cake has 4 parts that make it up. You are trying to build the cup cakes for each princess.

On your turn, you flip over a tile. The tile will tell you either to pick up a certain part of a cup cake, a piece of the clock (which ends the game), or a mix up tile.

Basically, you are turning over a tile and doing what it says. Simple. Lacks decisions, but it teaches kids how to start playing other games.

Should I buy this Game?:

Yes. Yes, if you have daughters who like Disney Princesses. Girls always love this game. The mechanics are simple and the game lacks any decisions. It won't matter to your daughter. They will have fun with this game.

The components are top notch and will survive your kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.