3 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: using Gambits - can I peek and do we each get the same number? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is just a general question about how to use gambits. To break it down:

1- Do I get to peek at any gambits I'm given facedown before the start of the game, and then reveal them as I want?

2- Should each player have the same number of gambits? Or is there a side benefit to these where you can give a newer player a boost (sort of a handicap)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito Gesualdi
msg tools
mbmb
The rules on gambits are honestly rather loose! Here are some thoughts:

1. There is a window of time before either player has taken a turn for players to review their gambits. Some gambits you will want to put into play before the game begins (such as Energy Shield). Others you can reveal later in the game when you're ready to take advantage of their effects.

2. For a more balanced game, we recommend dealing out the same number of gambits to each player, though as a handicap you could certainly deal newer players additional gambits.

Also, we really encourage player to experiment with the best way to implement gambit cards! Perhaps players could choose to start a game with 10 less Authority in exchange for an extra gambit? Perhaps players could choose to spend 5 Trade on a random gambit card? Let us know how you decide to implement these cool bonus cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game with them, we dealt each player 3 and let them keep 2. And since we were using 2 full sets, if someone gto dealt all three the same, we first let them discard one and draw a new one before picking if they chose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.