Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Available for pre-order at CSI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now available for pre-order at CSI

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/183523

$54.99
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice is to definitely pre-order if you're getting this from CSI. Don't rely on their wishlist to inform you it's available and don't rely on the price staying the same once it goes on sale.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Glasgow
United States
Wadsworth
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes thanks - got mine pre-ordered. Been waiting a long time for this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Just put in my pre-order @ CSI! Like everyone else, i've been patiently waiting to buy this at normal price and not some hyperinflated ebay/amazon price!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattrick wrote:
Just put in my pre-order @ CSI! Like everyone else, i've been patiently waiting to buy this at normal price and not some hyperinflated ebay/amazon price!


Funny, how quickly people forget who kicked off these hyperinflated prices...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Shufelt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like they aren't taking any more pre-orders.

I was trying to find games to hit $100 for free shipping, was doing cart management and suddenly Robinson Crusoe went away from my cart.

I apparently wasn't fast enough.

I won't fuss over it though. I've already given up hope of getting this game, and I've been losing interest in it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my preorder in last night. CSI has always treated me beyond my expectations as a customer so I don't care about their side sales. They didn't cause the prices to go up. Z-Man's absurdly small print run and reprint delays did. I can guarantee that if CSI hadn't sold the game for $100+ at Amazon and other places that you would have had to pay similar prices from other resellers taking advantage of low supply and high demand.

I had the game in my CSI cart when it first appeared there, and the price rose by 15 while I added other items to my cart, and it was sold out by the time I checked out. When I contacted CSI to complain they apologized and gave me a $15 store credit, which was more than fair. They've always been great on the phone when I needed to cancel or modify orders. I'm glad to continue giving them my business.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
BigD145 wrote:
Mattrick wrote:
Just put in my pre-order @ CSI! Like everyone else, i've been patiently waiting to buy this at normal price and not some hyperinflated ebay/amazon price!


Funny, how quickly people forget who kicked off these hyperinflated prices...


Very true...the last amazon.com listing was CSI selling it for like $175. But the incredibly low initial print quantity was the problem...basic supply and demand economics. Raise price until people stop buying then reduce the price to eliminate inventory and maximize profits. I can't argue with capitalism...just the fact the supply was so low if the price was $54 the same number of people would have the game, which was not enough and probabiy all of us would still be sitting here gameless.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't fast enough to get a pre-order in. If this turns out to be another limited print run like the first edition it'll be coming off my wishlist. If Z-man doesn't want to sell it to me, screw 'em. I'm not that desperate to buy it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
I got my preorder in last night. CSI has always treated me beyond my expectations as a customer so I don't care about their side sales. They didn't cause the prices to go up. Z-Man's absurdly small print run and reprint delays did. I can guarantee that if CSI hadn't sold the game for $100+ at Amazon and other places that you would have had to pay similar prices from other resellers taking advantage of low supply and high demand.


For awhile CSI had the ONLY copies on Amazon, with their "out of stock" thing going at their personal website, and they set the price. Nobody else was there. There was no "other people would have done it" situation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbarree wrote:
I wasn't fast enough to get a pre-order in. If this turns out to be another limited print run like the first edition it'll be coming off my wishlist. If Z-man doesn't want to sell it to me, screw 'em. I'm not that desperate to buy it.



Pretty much my feelings on it. I own so many games, I don't have time to run around chasing stuff anymore.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Alessi
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
BigD145 wrote:
gertbert wrote:
I got my preorder in last night. CSI has always treated me beyond my expectations as a customer so I don't care about their side sales. They didn't cause the prices to go up. Z-Man's absurdly small print run and reprint delays did. I can guarantee that if CSI hadn't sold the game for $100+ at Amazon and other places that you would have had to pay similar prices from other resellers taking advantage of low supply and high demand.


For awhile CSI had the ONLY copies on Amazon, with their "out of stock" thing going at their personal website, and they set the price. Nobody else was there. There was no "other people would have done it" situation.


Actually, CSI's Amazon price was up to $199 a day or two before the reprint shipment arrived. They currently have Suburbia listed on Amazon for $240+$8 shipping. This is easily the highest price on Amazon right now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisclarke007 wrote:
and why do people support this company??


Because they deliver quality goods at great prices with top-notch customer service and great packaging.

If you don't like inflated prices, don't buy the goods. I don't.

I have serious doubt that anyone on this site is short of games to play. Go dust off one of your favorites, or break the shrink wrap on something you have and stop complaining.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.