5 Posts

BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Skolits
msg tools
Hey I have a few rules questions.

Regarding line of sight, if archers are shooting at a target along a hex line between two blocking units, is it possible to hit them?

Also I know in the beginners scenario you can spend 4 lore to buy a Vp, but couldn't find anywhere if that is true for a regular game.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
hyper3hypo wrote:
Regarding line of sight, if archers are shooting at a target along a hex line between two blocking units, is it possible to hit them?

No. If you shoot across a hex line, you have to "nudge" the LOS one way or the other to determine if you have a clear LOS (and to determine which way the shot comes from for retreat purposes). If neither "nudge" produces a clear LOS, you cannot make the shot.

Quote:
Also I know in the beginners scenario you can spend 4 lore to buy a Vp, but couldn't find anywhere if that is true for a regular game.

No, that's only a rule for the beginner game, because you can't use lore for anything else in that scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Skolits
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure an exception to shooting 'through' intervening units is if the ranged attacker is on a hill hex. I don't have the rules in front of me though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Units standing on hills ignore other figures when drawing LOS. However, blocking terrain (including other hills) still block LOS for units on hills.

(For BL1E players, one difference in the way hills work is that in BL2E, there is no provision for ignoring "continuous" hills).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.