Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened up this expansion that I received this xmas and the clear plastic of both spellbooks (front and back covers) is all warped and bubbled. Anyone else experience this with their copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Edmond
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not had that happen out of an expansion.

You can do one of two things

1.Use a hair dryer. I had one book from the two core sets I got have a bubbly texture- I used a hair dryer on high and worked the bubbles out. Worked like a charm. Cant even tell.

2. Contact customer service. Arcane wounders are known to have the most excellent of customer service. If its a problem for you- they'll fix it.

Happy Gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both miy extra spell books had these bubbles, but I can assure you that they are just as effective. The bubbles does not affect game play at all, they are merely aesthetic.

That said, I simply laid the books on a radiator for a few hours and used a spoon to make the bubbles disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fay
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthDadaD20 wrote:

2. Contact customer service. Arcane wounders are known to have the most excellent of customer service. If its a problem for you- they'll fix it.

This happened to my base game, and they shipped me two new ones within one day of contacting them via email. I am sure they would do the same for an expansion. Probably something to let them know, especially with the expansion. They may want to discuss QA with their supplier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
brainbane wrote:
DarthDadaD20 wrote:

This happened to my base game, and they shipped me two new ones within one day of contacting them via email. I am sure they would do the same for an expansion. Probably something to let them know, especially with the expansion. They may want to discuss QA with their supplier.

Their customer service is excellent, but if the issue can be resolved with a hair dryer (and it can), that is the quickest and most cost-effective solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
brainbane wrote:
DarthDadaD20 wrote:

Their customer service is excellent, but if the issue can be resolved with a hair dryer (and it can), that is the quickest and most cost-effective solution.

Yea, I'm going to try the hair dryer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bayens
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I left my bubbly books in the car between meet ups and they vanished in the hot car. Easy fix in the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.