Argent: The Consortium» Forums » General

Subject: Retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this planned to be released for retail as well?
If so, when, and will the retail version be the same as the KS version, or does the KS version offer extras?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unplugged wrote:
Is this planned to be released for retail as well?
If so, when, and will the retail version be the same as the KS version, or does the KS version offer extras?

so far i am assuming the game will be available for retail. and to my knowledge currently there are no KS exclusives. although backing now will help us get to the miniatures stretch goal.

However. they have said that there will be a KS surprise after christmas so still waiting to see what that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mini expansion Summer Break will be free for backers and it sounds like they'll sell it later for retail, but not positive on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think they said it might sell on their own online store only. level 99 doesnt like KS exclusive gameplay items, for which i am grateful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
i think they said it might sell on their own online store only. level 99 doesnt like KS exclusive gameplay items, for which i am grateful.

Yes, it will be $5 in our online store if you miss the Kickstarter. I don't want to have anything that people can't get if they really want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes, it will be $5 in our online store if you miss the Kickstarter. I don't want to have anything that people can't get if they really want it.

I've backed Argent on Kickstarter and I wouldn't have if it had exclusives that people couldn't get after the campaign was over. Thank you for not doing that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HyperionHuxley wrote:
Quote:

I've backed Argent on Kickstarter and I wouldn't have if it had exclusives that people couldn't get after the campaign was over. Thank you for not doing that!

exactly! i gladly back games just to help support ideas and mechanics i like as well as getting the game early
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bowers
United States
Strongsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Richard Harrow RIP
badge
Richard Harrow RIP
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the people that don't want KS exclusives are vocal but in the minority. I know several people who did not back because there are no exclusives. I rarely back games without exclusives but I did so for one copy on this game just to support it. I backed Zombicide for over $4000 because of the exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Topdecker577 wrote:
I think the people that don't want KS exclusives are vocal but in the minority. I know several people who did not back because there are no exclusives. I rarely back games without exclusives but I did so for one copy on this game just to support it. I backed Zombicide for over $4000 because of the exclusives.

There are three types of people when it comes to exclusives. I think the majority, by far, fall in the range of "cool" to "don't like" with "don't care" somewhere in the middle. All of these people are fine supporting without them. Some like them, some dislike them. Some may even really want them but, in the end, this faction doesn't require them. I think the other two fall into the "won't support without them" category and, of that category, the smallest are those that do so for resale. Here we find your friends. Personally, I don't care what they do for the game, I can live without them. They are the scalpers of the board game world and they aren't needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find I back projects tbzg offer something new and interesting. Either mechanics or theme or such.

I don't mind exclusives but I empathise with those that can't get them because I've been there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mentioned in the other topic, I am not a fan of KS exclusives that can't be had anywhere but ebay if you happened to miss the KS. I am pretty choosy about what I back nowadays, and there are always going to be great games that slip through because I didn't see the KS, or didn't think the game was going to be to my liking and I ended up being wrong. Not to mention if I DO back a game and my other gamer friends see the neat KS stuff, they're very turned off when they find out they are SOL if they want the exclusive stuff.

That being said, I'm not necessarily against timed exclusives (not available to anyone but the backers for X months), or semi-exclusives (only available to backers, or folks that order directly from the publisher's site).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.