Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_saleItems.php?p=1&s=5

Not as good as last year by any means but hopefully more items get added. So far they have:

Balance of Power $21.99
City Tycoon $34.99
Gearworld: The Borderlands $17.99
Gunship: First Strike! $19.99
Monolith: The Strategy Game $19.99
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Deck-Building Game $17.99
World War Z: Card Game $3.99
World War Z: The Game $15.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Daily Sale items get included in the listing for the End of Year sale, so what's listed will change daily - not sure if anything yet is getting exclusively added to the End of Year sale.

Checking prices against MM, Gunship Arsenal is $11.99 @ CSI vs $18 clearance at MM. The base Gunship is $1.99 less @ MM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the titles I listed are part of the daily sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
None of the titles I listed are part of the daily sale

True, I didn't mean to imply they were. Sorry if I did. The CSI End of Year sale page/category includes everything they have on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
while they didn't use the most stand out title someone posted this year end sale yesterday at

[CSI] Undermining $18.99 plus expanded year end sale

as that thread indicates the one interesting (to me) title in that sale is still $11 more than MM had it for when they had it on sale for black friday good for my wallet i guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
while they didn't use the most stand out title someone posted this year end sale yesterday at

as that thread indicates the one interesting (to me) title in that sale is still $11 more than MM had it for when they had it on sale for black friday good for my wallet i guess

I keep seeing that as [CSI] Underwhelming ... sale

Also, the one that sticks out for me is Grind, MM had that for like $15 and they are asking $40.

Ok now that I'm done bashing. They actually seem to have been trickling in pretty good "daily" sales today.

As of now they have.
Bang! 10th Anniversary $13.49
Romance of the Nine Empires $17.99
Thunderstone Advance: Numenera $27.99

Which all seem like really good prices to me. I don't remember seeing all of those at the start of today but I could be wrong.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

I keep seeing that as [CSI] Underwhelming ... sale

Also, the one that sticks out for me is Grind, MM had that for like $15 and they are asking $40.

Ok now that I'm done bashing. They actually seem to have been trickling in pretty good "daily" sales today.

As of now they have.
Bang! 10th Anniversary $13.49
Romance of the Nine Empires $17.99
Thunderstone Advance: Numenera $27.99

Which all seem like really good prices to me. I don't remember seeing all of those at the start of today but I could be wrong.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175

I am new to Bang! but love it. That's a great deal, tempting to get a back-up, and the quality components and extra characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Lord of the Rings Deck-Building Game worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
Is the Lord of the Rings Deck-Building Game worth it?

The Fellowship of the Ring Deck-Building Game is not critically well regarded, generally. (I haven't played it personally, but I have played other Cryptozoic deck-building games.) Rahdo has done a runthrough video for it, which you might want to check out if you're on the fence. If you're a big Tolkien fan and/or have big Tolkien fans in your gaming group, it might be worth picking up. If you're new to deck-building games, it could be good gateway game to the genre.

The Two Towers Deck-Building Game is slightly better regarded due to its greater integration of theme and mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook was an utter and complete mess. They did a rewrite of it, but I'm not sure how well things turned out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
The rulebook was an utter and complete mess. They did a rewrite of it, but I'm not sure how well things turned out.

I think you're thinking of the Lord of the Rings Dice-Building Game. That's not the game that was asked about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.