Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does new Ystari edition include the Admiralty in the London Directory Listing booklet?

I have the Spanish edition (translation of the Ystari version) and it does not list the Admiralty in the booklet. (it is in the map, though)

The old Sleuth Games version did include the Admiralty but I am not sure if it is missing only in the Spanish version or on all Ystari versions.

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From reading this blog below, it seems that it is not included in the French version either:

http://www.godisageek.com/2013/08/sherlock-holmes-consulting...

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Santamaría Iraolagoitia
Spain
Usánsolo-Galdakao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

If it appears in the ancient edition. Here you can download the entire directory in English. You will see that the direction is: 10 SW
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mqg1mda618f17/SHERLOCK%20HO...)

Felipe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felisan88 wrote:

If it appears in the ancient edition. Here you can download the entire directory in English. You will see that the direction is: 10 SW
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mqg1mda618f17/SHERLOCK%20HO...)

Thanks a lot! I had seen your scans and that's how I realised this must have been a misprint in the Ystari edition (unless they did it on purpose just to make the game more difficult)

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the English Ystari version under "A", so looks like it's not universally misprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
It's in the English Ystari version under "A", so looks like it's not universally misprinted.

Good to know - many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:

Thanks!

It is definitely a missprint in the Spanish edition. Eventually I found it, it is listed but 30 positions further below from where it should be in alphabetical order.

Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boiko Boichev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
I wondered about that. Why is put as "Admiralty, The",as it is the name of a person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in English, definite and indefinite pronouns are not considered first when alphabetizing a list.

If you take a look at my games collection: A Game of Thrones is under "G", The Lord of the Rings is under "L" and even Die Macher (Die = definite pronoun) is filed under "M".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.