Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kelly
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about when a card is played that has an action 'Target player discards a card'.

At the time the card is played the other player hasn't necessarily dealt their hand and therefore doesn't have a card to discard. So, which of the following (or others) is correct.

1) Target player discards a card from their deck
2) Target player, on their next hand, discards a card.

I assume the penalty that we are going for is to have the target player to only have 4 cards in their hand instead of 5.

Thanks,
Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, you always complete your draw phase before the next player starts his turn.

So, in this case, if e.g. a player is still shuffling his cards but you have already started playing cards, you have to wait for him to "really" finish his turn at which time he will have cards again.

Just remember this isn't a real time game

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimeOut wrote:
At the time the card is played the other player hasn't necessarily dealt their hand and therefore doesn't have a card to discard.

This situation is impossible. The last part of a player's turn is to draw their new hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kelly
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, very good. I was playing that the first part of the player's turn was to draw the hand, but it is actually the last part of the player's turn.

Thank y'all very much.

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.