Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikey Donnelly
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just got this game for Christmas, and as I was looking to set it up, I noticed that the escaped meeple board has two sides, side A, and side B. Do you just choose which side to use, is it random, or is it something else?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet, but I'm pretty sure it's just 2 different ways to play. You choose which you want to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilroy_locke wrote:
I haven't played yet, but I'm pretty sure it's just 2 different ways to play. You choose which you want to use.

Yep, you choose. The B side has some nasty effects while the A side could lose you the game automatically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to prefer the B side as you have to consider the colors of the meeples in a sort of push your luck fashion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure if its just luck or if its supposed to be this way, but it seems that side B (the one with the colors) triggers alot more often

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two games - 2-player and 3-player.
While I doubt this game will see a lot of 2-player games, you almost have to use the colored side for a 2-player game.
Nobody wants to run the risk of destroying things and taking the loss.
I think this might even be a problem in 3 and 4 player games too and really slow things down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does the B side not include a black color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate23VT wrote:
Why does the B side not include a black color?

It actually does - the gray track is meant for the black meeples. The gray meeples just go back into the box if they get knocked off of the board (according to the rules, the gray meeples are old people and are useless; i.e. have no negative effect when they escape).

My guess is that this is a printer error. I can't think of any other reason why the B side would show gray meeples when it should show black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
I've played two games - 2-player and 3-player.
While I doubt this game will see a lot of 2-player games, you almost have to use the colored side for a 2-player game.
Nobody wants to run the risk of destroying things and taking the loss.
I think this might even be a problem in 3 and 4 player games too and really slow things down.

Interesting that you say this. I played a 2 player game with side A last night and we only got to the 3rd tier. I was hoping that my opponent would have gotten more meeples off the board in his finger flicking frenzie (he went after me every chance he could). He had the Jumper card for his power and flicked his disc at me every chance he could to knock me down. ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Manhattan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 3 of the rule book states:

"Before the game begins, decide whether to use the A or B side of the board."

But it should have been restated in the runaway meeples section on page 5 too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.