Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another Communism case rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
I just thougth about this possiblity :

What if a player uses communism on a figure (or more... I will consider the case with multiple figure because it covers more issues) that is (are) moving trough a City center -> 2 possible questions.

A) The figures are moving trough their own city (main case).

B) The figures are moving trough an ennemy city (the player haves Flight).

Possible answers to A :

1) Not allowed to use communism on a city center square.

2) The figures are disbanded (fortification or caravan. In case of a group of figures with Scout and Army, the player that owns the figures decide which marker he want).

3) The figures stay on the square and must leave it as soon as possible. But in this case, what if the city is attacked ? Of course, I think we will all agree that the player will not benefit of more units because of an army standing on the center... Second issue here : if the city is destroyed ? -> The figures are also destroyed.

Possible answer to B :

1) Not allowed to use communism on a city center square.

2) The figures are considered attacking the city.

Personaly, the answer B2 seems good to me and seems like a nice use of Communism, but A2 can be too much painfull, if ever the player needs to cross his own City with a group of figures, meaning the figures will be destroyed...
So maybe a simple not allowed (A1, B1) would be easier to handle...
Still this will need to stand in a Faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't know. But I would guess "not allowed" because crossing city is a very special case. Also, force disbanding or combating seems to me something out of the natural range of Communism tech. It's common in the game: "can't force to attack".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gado Gadolphos
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
it is possible. if russia gets an early spy resource n the game and another player passes his only scout through their own city center, russia could theoretically activate communism. good question. i would say it would be a forced disband into player's own city center. for an opponent's city center, i don't know laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
I don't know. But I would guess "not allowed" because crossing city is a very special case. Also, force disbanding or combating seems to me something out of the natural range of Communism tech. It's common in the game: "can't force to attack".

I just thought about having Flight and simply move throught ennemy figures and then you are stopped with Communism on this square.
-> What happens ?
1) forced to battle
2) no battle (figures of both players just stay on the square looking at each other ^^).
3) Cannot use Communism on a square where stand figures belonging to different players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Itchi wrote:
PauloSantoro wrote:

I just thought about having Flight and simply move throught ennemy figures and then you are stopped with Communism on this square.
-> What happens ?
1) forced to battle
2) no battle (figures of both players just stay on the square looking at each other ^^).
3) Cannot use Communism on a square where stand figures belonging to different players...

1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Yep why not but then I think the first issue with city center should also work the same way... Battle... And if you use it when friendly figures cross their own cities, then they stop on the City center and the owning player can decide to disband or not. If he decide to not disband he must leave the square as soon as possible. If ever someone attack the City and there are figure on it, you battle only vs the City. If you won the figure are destroyed... But all this will make Communism quite powerfull in theses cases (I know it's rare cases but still).
So maybe a simple forbidden to use it on City center and on squarse with figures belonging to different players would be easier to handle and more fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.