Subject: Tiebreaker for order of acquiring trade cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Meyer
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Hi all,

The rules just say that the player with the fewest cities picks up trade cards first, on up to the player with the most - but doesn't specify any tiebreaker for civs with the same number of cities.

I've run into situations where players were able to calculate the exact position of a certain non-tradable calamity in a given stack, and so the exact order of picking up trade cards became a matter of some importance (and contention). I've searched online and so far haven't found any clarification of this rule.

Anyone have a source for clarification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carljm wrote:
Hi all,

The rules just say that the player with the fewest cities picks up trade cards first, on up to the player with the most - but doesn't specify any tiebreaker for civs with the same number of cities.

I've run into situations where players were able to calculate the exact position of a certain non-tradable calamity in a given stack, and so the exact order of picking up trade cards became a matter of some importance (and contention). I've searched online and so far haven't found any clarification of this rule.

According to rule 17.4, AST order is used to break all ties except conflict, so that is what you use in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
17.4 A.S.T. order is used to resolve all ties between the nations except conflict.

EDIT: ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
carljm wrote:
Hi all,

According to rule 17.4, AST order is used to break all ties except conflict, so that is what you use in this case.

Another exception is purchasing civ cards, which is reverse AST order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
DaveD wrote:
carljm wrote:
Hi all,

That's not a tie break situation. Also note that this thread is regarding Advanced Civ where civ cards are acquired in AST order. Reverse AST is in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
Ward wrote:
DaveD wrote:
carljm wrote:
Hi all,

That's not a tie break situation. Also note that this thread is regarding Advanced Civ where civ cards are acquired in AST order. Reverse AST is in the base game.

Correct on all points. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.