Tide of Iron» Forums » General

Subject: Officer's ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just crossed my mind today; somewhere I read that special ACTIONS cannot be performed when a unit is pinned or disrupted (makes sense and I've indeed always played it this way), but how about special ABILITIES; i.e. does a pinned or disrupted officer still add the 1 cover die to squads in the same hex when targeted by a (area) suppressive attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Beck
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the officer / elite infantry would still get their +1 cover dice vs. suppressive attacks and the Medic squad will still grant +1 vs. normal attacks, etc. Since that is their special ability (part of who they are) and not a special action (something that they perform).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaiser33 wrote:
I believe that the officer / elite infantry would still get their +1 cover dice vs. suppressive attacks and the Medic squad will still grant +1 vs. normal attacks, etc. Since that is their special ability (part of who they are) and not a special action (something that they perform).

That's how we've always played it too, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it officially answered...(-;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.