Just sayin. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
Go Lizards, Go Hogs, Go Illini; and the Army keeps rolling along!
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
And sometimes I wish I could advertise whom I've blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I kind of do sometimes as well, does this really warrant it's own thread on the General Gaming forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
piemasteruk wrote:
While I kind of do sometimes as well, does this really warrant it's own thread on the General Gaming forum?

I wished they had more thumbs up/ thumbs down in Boardgames. I mean the Romans used it a lot, and we used it a lot in elementary school!

Rabble rabble!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
piemasteruk wrote:

I wished they had more thumbs up/ thumbs down in Boardgames. I mean the Romans used it a lot, and we used it a lot in elementary school!

Maybe we just need a smiley that falls to the floor, bleeding from its severed neck. One could even use it with a "really liked your post" so as not to offend anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just create another account, and thumb up every other post on the entire site except for the one you want to thumb down! I can see no flaws with this plan…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
Just create another account, and thumb up every other post on the entire site except for the one you want to thumb down! I can see no flaws with this plan…

I ran out of creative account names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this is a forum that largely loves Eurogames. Downvotes are a little too confrontational for it, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greybeard17 wrote:
Just sayin. angry

"For a short period of time, one could also give a thumbs down to content, but this was removed due to user complaints."

Aldie wrote:
I've made some changes to the user moderation system, based on user feedback and further thoughts regarding how I want the system to work.

First, thumbs down are gone. In their place, you can flag items as rules violations, but you can't flag something down just because you think it is lame.

Second, thumbs and flags are totally separate; flags will no longer reduce the thumbs up count, and thumbs up will not offset flags.

Posts which are flagged as rules violations by enough users will still be collapsed, like now, but you will still have the option to turn off this filtering. Because thumbs up no longer offset flags, I'm not sure yet what threshold we'll use to collapse messages - I'll be tweaking it over the coming days.

While you can still see the thumbs count, the flags count is secret. This is intended to make it harder for people to "gang up" against a post people will have no idea whether a post has garnered flags, and so can't "pile on." This also should reduce hurt feelings unless a post receives enough flags to hide it, you'll never know it was flagged.

When you flag something as a rules violation, you must choose an option to explain which rule you believe is being violated. This will also be secret, but if I see evidence of individual users flagging posts for trivial reasons, they will lose the ability to moderate forums.

I have removed the lame clause, but in exchange, I have a serious favor to ask: if your post is flagged by enough people to hide it, do not complain about this. In particular, do not try to argue about whether you really violated a rule. Consider such a complaint to be in itself a rules violation, subject to being flagged.

One minute on google.

Just sayin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to BGG General
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
Capps wrote:
One minute on google.
Just sayin.

If you're just sayin that the best way to find (and comment on) something on BGG is to use a different website, then I'm not sure what you're just sayin, exactly.

What are you just sayin, exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Willward wrote:

Now _that_ is something I'd like to see available on BGG - a brilliant idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Willward wrote:
Capps wrote:
One minute on google.
Just sayin.

If you're just sayin that the best way to find (and comment on) something on BGG is to use a different website, then I'm not sure what you're just sayin, exactly.

What are you just sayin, exactly?

Why he's only a baby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
piemasteruk wrote:

Rabble rabble!

But what have the Romans ever done for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Ells wrote:

...apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capps wrote:
greybeard17 wrote:
Just sayin. angry

"For a short period of time, one could also give a thumbs down to content, but this was removed due to user complaints."

Aldie wrote:
I've made some changes to the user moderation system, based on user feedback and further thoughts regarding how I want the system to work.

First, thumbs down are gone. In their place, you can flag items as rules violations, but you can't flag something down just because you think it is lame.

Second, thumbs and flags are totally separate; flags will no longer reduce the thumbs up count, and thumbs up will not offset flags.

Posts which are flagged as rules violations by enough users will still be collapsed, like now, but you will still have the option to turn off this filtering. Because thumbs up no longer offset flags, I'm not sure yet what threshold we'll use to collapse messages - I'll be tweaking it over the coming days.

While you can still see the thumbs count, the flags count is secret. This is intended to make it harder for people to "gang up" against a post people will have no idea whether a post has garnered flags, and so can't "pile on." This also should reduce hurt feelings unless a post receives enough flags to hide it, you'll never know it was flagged.

When you flag something as a rules violation, you must choose an option to explain which rule you believe is being violated. This will also be secret, but if I see evidence of individual users flagging posts for trivial reasons, they will lose the ability to moderate forums.

I have removed the lame clause, but in exchange, I have a serious favor to ask: if your post is flagged by enough people to hide it, do not complain about this. In particular, do not try to argue about whether you really violated a rule. Consider such a complaint to be in itself a rules violation, subject to being flagged.

One minute on google.

Just sayin.

I was great fun and caused all kinds of drama "back in the day". I can still remember how worked up some people would get when people "thumbed down" their posts. Personally, I liked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pk2317 wrote:
David Ells wrote:

...apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Don't forget stadium sports! Didn't they invent that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
scubadawg1 wrote:
pk2317 wrote:
David Ells wrote:

And the Super Bowl numbering system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Willward wrote:
scubadawg1 wrote:
pk2317 wrote:
David Ells wrote:

And the Super Bowl numbering system!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
AndrewRogue wrote:
Well, this is a forum that largely loves Eurogames. Downvotes are a little too confrontational for it, I think.

That was so 2006 bgg. This is 2013 bgg, and we are all about the hybrid. So we now love confrontation, but it has to be in a form of passive aggression.

So we don't need a thumbs down, but maybe a with the overtext of "This thread is..awesome."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Jythier wrote:
Santiago wrote:

Curse you, universe of only near-endless possibility!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Santiago wrote:

Curse you, universe of only near-endless possibility!!!

Also, now nobody else can sign up for Geekdo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
Willward wrote:

Overtext!

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:

I often hear the complaint that BGG mainly is about Eurogames, but that's not my impression at all. There seems to be someone talking about the importance of "theme" and the joys of painting plastic toys in every other thread nowadays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.