Brandon Powers
United States
California
flag msg tools
Was wondering if anyone who found the game too easy with few players ramped up the locations to what they are for 6 players and then played like that.

My gaming group and I love the game, but we often find that it is more exciting with a full team of 6 players due to the amount that has to get done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Powers
United States
California
flag msg tools
This weekend I tried it in a 2 Player set up as well as in a 4 player set up. Both games were a lot of fun, and our 4 player delve into Blackfang's Dungeon was the most epic encounter we had ever dealt with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK Riki
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Too easy?! Ha ha, my wife and I lost the very first adventure (Brigandoom!) the first time. Maybe we were just too new. The second attempt had us finish literally with zero turns left, so it was win or go home. Extremely exciting. (I would also have been dead the following turn, so it was rather nail-biting in that regard too.)

How often do you fail? Just wondering. Maybe when we get better we'll need to up the difficulty as well. (And maybe we shouldn't have paired up a Ranger and Warrior...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 3 player game going with the 6 player locations. It definitely makes things more challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Powers
United States
California
flag msg tools
We played Kyra and Lem at 6 player of locations through Perils and Burnt Offerings. When we got to Skinsaw and had never done the adventures before we were uncertain if we should continue. Decided to keep going and did the first two adventures without a problem.
In the third adventure Kyra had 2 Haunts on her and ran into Explosive Runes. She had never gotten the MW Thieves' Tools and died when the runes blew up on her.
So now I've been running a Wizard to catch up to Lem and see how that goes. Been soloing at 2 player's of locations and playing with Lem some at 4 players of locations. Ezren is past Local Heroes at this point, so I hope to get back to Skinsaw soon.
As for how often we loose, we didn't until we got to Foul Misgivings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryliana wrote:
We played Kyra and Lem at 6 player of locations through Perils and Burnt Offerings. Decided to keep going and did the first two adventures without a problem.

How in the world do you go through 80 cards in 30 turns with only 2 characters? You would have to have a hand full of blessings/allies to start and draw into a cure every turn.

80 cards, assuming you hit the henchman halfway down each deck, successfully defeating him, and successfully closing the location on the first try every time would mean ~40 cards to get through.

That means about 1.25 successful explores every turn for 30 turns. That's 10 blessings or allies burnt through exploration, leaving you with little left over to buff up skills to close locations or pass skill checks on banes.

My normal 2 hero games end up with maybe half a dozen turns left, but can come fairly close...and that's with the normal 4 locations, not 8. Something smells a little fishy here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Powers
United States
California
flag msg tools
I don't have the deck information in front of me at the moment, so I cannot address the specifics of what we have in the decks.

Lem ran 2 Augury spells for a while and eventually passed one over to Kyra. Use of Augury spells allow us to ignore parts of the deck. Lem would recycle his Augury with his ability to make certain we were able to see what was coming up.

If we would see the Villain, we would move to another location and leave him there. If we would see a Minion, we would close the location immediately.

Lem was running 1 Cure, Kyra 2. In general Lem would be pretty self sufficient through most of the game, but Kyra would have to heal him 1 or 2 times a game in general. Kyra was healing herself about every other turn most of the time.

Both of the characters were cycling their decks heavily to ensure that they could draw blessings. A standard turn 1 for Kyra would be to explore 3-5 times and Cure those cards back into her deck immediately. So a lot of the time we had a location closed on turn one.

When either one of us would have Thieves' Tools we would head to where there were a lot of Barriers. If Lem had Detect Magic (when he used to run those) he would run to the location with the most spells.

As to our normal games, we frequently have a large amount of turns left over.

If something smells fishy, I wonder what it is.

This is the basic outline we follow on our turns that I can think of ATM:
Turn starts, flip a Blessing from Blessing Deck.
Deal with start of turn effects on location.
Give an item or not.
Move or not. If you moved, deal with move conditions.
Do you explore? You get 1 free.
Is it a boon? Roll to acquire if you so desire. Is it a bane? Must encounter it. Fail a boon, banish the card. Succeed a boon, put it in your hand. Fail a bane, suffer negative effects written on the card. Fail a monster, take damage equal to the difference between your check and what you needed. Succeed a bane, banish it.
You now have the option to play more explores from Allies and Blessings. These follow the rules outlined above.
End turn, pass to the left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.