Popular Tags: soundtrack [+] [View All]
Johan Grimm
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Programs!

As a theme-o-phile, I tend to make scores for my games that create a great background to generate mood. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but for anyone who plays Android, I've started a playlist that I welcome you to make use of. (I just got this game last week and after two plays I'm totally in love with it! All the haters need to check their expectations at the door and play the game for what it is)

I will be continuing to add to and curate this playlist as time goes by, so feel free to recommend songs to be added or removed (I just dumped a bunch of albums on here to start, so there are bound to be some misfires in the bunch).

http://songza.com/listen/game-score-android-grimmstien/

Happy gaming!

Az
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Not available to listen to outside of Canada and the USA. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Some interesting choices - it looks like you have both the Portal 2 and Deus Ex soundtracks.

You might consider adding:

Com Truise - which is electronica but with a weird 80's retro vibe that I feel like is perfect for the cyberpunk genre. (Try In Decay.)

Tim Hecker - mostly dark, ambient stuff. (Try: Ravedeath 1972)

Ben Frost - technically a classical composer but has some really spooky, dark, droning stuff that is very cinematic, electronic, and appropriate to the game. (Try: By The Throat, especially the song Killshot)

Oneohtrix Point Never - experimental electonic music. Both pretty and dark. Like the soundtrack to the chaos of a future city like New Angeles. (Try: R Plus Seven. I like the song Zebra quite a lot.)

And probably not available on that website, but one of my favorites is Okat. Check out his album Sable or his album Western Hymn for free on Bandcamp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspirations:

Music to listen to while playing...

I love discussions on appropriate music for long games. How about a musical theme for each character?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Grimm
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback folks!

Playlist updated with my selects from the recommendations (LOVE Com Truise, btw -- exactly what I think of when I imagine cyberpunk. Somehow the genre is perpetually stuck in the early '80s in my mind...) and now is clocking in at a whopping 19 hours. Should be enough variety to keep it fresh for many game sessions.

Az
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
AzureLion wrote:
Thanks for the feedback folks!

Playlist updated with my selects from the recommendations (LOVE Com Truise, btw -- exactly what I think of when I imagine cyberpunk. Somehow the genre is perpetually stuck in the early '80s in my mind...) and now is clocking in at a whopping 19 hours. Should be enough variety to keep it fresh for many game sessions.

Az

Well... since I am recommending things, here's Sweet Valley which is sort of hip-hoppy without the rap (just musical beats, loops, and samples.) Lots of video game samples in this one.

Chillwave is getting bigger and bigger. I really like Gold Panda which is sort of post-dubstep chillwave. His latest EP is called Trust and it's really chillaxing and elegant.

And if you like the Com Truise, you will probably really like the new Boards of Canada. They are sort of chillwavy trip-hop. Much darker and more sinister and layered than Com Truise, but still with this old school '80's vibe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie

I have recently discovered the performers 'Bohren & Der Club Of Gore' alongside a new (to me) musical genre: 'DarkJazz'

I particularly recommend two of their albums for this game: 'Sunset Mission' and 'Black Earth'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.