Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Craftsmen seems to be a highly interesting game, not having played it yet, just wading through the rules and compiling my short rules ... just wonder why it is so hard these days to get decent, clear rules for good games. Sorry, no harm meant. Really looking forward to play this game - and reviewing it in the Spielerei magazine.

Anyway, some questions have been cleared here on BGG, and missing rules found, but still don't quite get how the market works.
"The marker is moved ... to the appropriate space on the market."
All illustrations show markers on the market, but none of them on any specific space (icon). Maybe the icons do indicate only which kind of goods (basic, or raw) can be placed on the market?
If not, how many markers can be placed onto any one specific icon?

Trader privilege - if I buy a specific good, like leather, can I remove just any of my markers from the market (supposed they are assigned to a specific good)? Why then move to the "appropriate space" ... ?

And when buying half products (question related to this issue), I could end up with another player's marker as final product which then I have to load on a ship, is that correct?
If I cannot place a final product on a ship, "this marker is not used". Does it remain on the card or is it wasted?

Questions, questions ... well crafted thanks for anybody's help!
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1, you do not place the cubes on the icons. You can at most have 3 cubes of your own on the market. You can even put wood on the market, but you can not buy wood from the market.

2, see answer nr.1

3, when buying a half product from traders guild of an other players collor,you simply exchange it with one of your own cubes. Your opponents cube goes back to his/her pool. If you can create a final product, wich is ready to load on a ship, but the ship(s) is/are all loaded with those goods, 1; you can bribe the captain for one money card to place your product on the ship. Your opponents cube is kicked out on the left side and you can place your cube in on the right side, the cube allready on the right was shifted to the left to make place for your cube.
2. If you produce a final product to load on a ship, but you can not put it on a ship(you can not bribe, or do not want to bribe the captain) , you do not get the points for producing that final product. You have to discard that product back to your pool. (BUT THAT IS A VERY SILLY ACTION FOR ALL YOUR EFFORT TO PRODUCE THAT FINAL PRODUCT)

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robbin,

thank you for your answer, great help! Loading and bribing was clear, also maximum of 3 per player on market, just exactly where and those other issues are not well explained in the rules.

Big thanx again, best,
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...and one more, just see it now:

Three gold rimmed spaces in Town Hall, but no privileges to be performed.
File under: Printing/layout error, these should be silver rimmed.
Right?

Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not found a file about printing errors, so we assume this is ment to be like this. They could be silver rimmed also, it would have made more sense.

We did find some official errata;
1. Notary privilege: the 3 cards taken from the stack of your choice(+the 2 cards from the assigned spots), may be rearanged and put back UNDER AND ON TOP of the stack, 2 of those cards must be placed back on the assigned spots.

2. If you have placed your worker on a privilege spot, but did not use the privilege, that worker is not accounted for the USE of the privilege for "least used privileges" that round. It is important for dealing out that seasons free privilege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a fast reply, wonderful! Found out about the two errata by scanning through the forum already, thanks nevertheless!
First game planned tomorrow, will see if more questions arise - watch this space

Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.