Hi Eddie! I'm not sure i understand the question. I t does sound like Martyrdom Operation should have resulted in plot placement not Radicalization. Events the place plots go by the Plotting chart (220.127.116.11 1st bullet), as you note. The rule for that sequence is:
18.104.22.168 Roll for or place Plots as much as possible in the United States, then:
• IfPrestigeisaboveLow,firstinthePHILIPPINESifAbuSayyaf is in effect and the PHILIPPINES hosts at least as many cells as troops, then in countries with troops.
• Then, if the GWOT Penalty is 0 (22.214.171.124), in countries with the same Posture as the US.
• Then in countries with Aid markers.
• Then, if Funding is less than 9, in any non-Muslim, and then Muslim countries or IRAN.
• Then use any remaining operations for Radicalization (9.4.3).
Within the sequence above, give priority to Fair countries over Good then Poor if conducting Plot operations; Good over Fair then Poor if placing plots via event.
Note that, by the last bit, the Event will try to place Plots in Good countries before Fair, the reverse of ordinary Plot rolling.
Hope that helps...vfr