Subject: Is this game out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I notice most retailers show it out of stock and the price on Amazon have jumped to higher than MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Out of print" sounds so terminal to me. I would not be so quick to jump beyond "out of stock = end of print run" unless better insider knowledge was revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I'd assume between prints, but then again it wasn't a massive TTR-level hit, and some pretty good Alan R. Moon games (Union Pacific, Elfenland, 10 Days in Asia) are out of print, so I guess it's possible that there won't be a second printing..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ramsby
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Rio Grande to ask about this and got a reply:

Quote:
Is this game out of print? I can't seem to find it in stock at online retailers.

We are out of stock and looking to reprint this year. Thanks

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim fulner
United States
Berkley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glad to hear it. I hate when I find a game I like, but it out of my price range, and I hope that teh price will go down, just to have it go way the F up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Pickering
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds good! hope it's sooner rather than later 2014

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i hope the red and orange planes are easier to tell apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dierlam
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this with a friend and now I find out it's out of stock everywhere. Hoping the reprint comes soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fulner wrote:
glad to hear it. I hate when I find a game I like, but it out of my price range, and I hope that teh price will go down, just to have it go way the F up.

I too was sad when I watched the video on this game and thought, "that'd be fun" only to find the price sky high or unavailable everywhere.

I love TtR, and this looks like enough variation to feel familiar and still fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
I love TtR, and this looks like enough variation to feel familiar and still fun.
So take a look at another one lesser known yet providing some broad similarities: Jet Set should not have availability problems right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
BigIV wrote:

Just a warning... it's a great game, but it's actually completely different game from TTR. Not route-building but stock manipulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Just
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
That time when I was on The Dice Tower with Tom and Sam at Origins 2016 : )
mbmbmbmbmb
scramsby wrote:

Quote:
Is this game out of print? I can't seem to find it in stock at online retailers.

Jay

Decided to just check with Rio Grande about an update. Sounds a little less promising on the "whether" part, but hopefully a reprint will come about this year:

From Rio Grande (Jay): "We are waiting for information from the original publisher - whether and when they will reprint. Thanks Jay"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dierlam
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oxygen6 wrote:
scramsby wrote:

Quote:

Jay

Decided to just check with Rio Grande about an update. Sounds a little less promising on the "whether" part, but hopefully a reprint will come about this year:

From Rio Grande (Jay): "We are waiting for information from the original publisher - whether and when they will reprint. Thanks Jay"

Yikes. Let's hope this gets done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"whether" isn't good, that doesn't sound promising at all. Hopefully it all comes together, I keep hearing how great this game is and many respectable reviewers saying its' a must-have for a collection. I'm really anxious to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jun Wei
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are willing to fork out money, Amazon.de still stocks the Abacus Spiele supposedly-Multilingual version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The amazon.de version has a German language on the box and the rules are in German, BUT all the components are language neutral - i.e., same components regardless of where you get the game, and none of the cards have any text required for the game; only numbers. The English rules can be downloaded from the Rio Grande website. I ordered a couple of copies from .de and got them in less than two weeks and about $50 each including shipping! Played with some friends the other night after downloading and reading the rules from Rio Grande. All went well! Highly recommend doing this for anyone wanting the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Just
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
banshy1 wrote:
The amazon.de version has a German language on the box and the rules are in German, BUT all the components are language neutral - i.e., same components regardless of where you get the game, and none of the cards have any text required for the game; only numbers. The English rules can be downloaded from the Rio Grande website. I ordered a couple of copies from .de and got them in less than two weeks and about $50 each including shipping! Played with some friends the other night after downloading and reading the rules from Rio Grande. All went well! Highly recommend doing this for anyone wanting the game.

That's a good way to get a hold of a copy. It's funny since I just had a friend visit Berlin recently and he generously brought back Tobago and The Palaces of Carrara for me. Didn't even cross my mind to throw in Airlines Europe! Doh! Next time I guess!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW the price you see on the .de site is about 18% higher than you'll actually pay because it includes the VAT for European buyers but will be taken off your price if you ship the the US. Just a tip, don't let the higher euro price scare you off. It's worth dropping it in the cart and taking it up to check to see what the real cost is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oxygen6 wrote:
scramsby wrote:

Quote:

Jay

I also e-mailed them, and this is the response I got:

Quote:
We are waiting for a reprint schedule and do expect to reprint the game this year. Thanks

Jay

I think we just have to wait. It seems like it is going to happen.

-One Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news Kyle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Just
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One word makes a big difference! That's good to know. I hope the day does come when it rolls out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
Willmington
DE
flag msg tools
mb

Got this email today from Rio Grande Games:

Will Airlines Europe be reprinted? If so, when? Will there be changes to the game if reprinted?

We expect it next month and know of no changes. Thanks

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Just
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay, wherever you are (probably working at Rio Grande Games!)... thanks for being patient with all of us and our constant nagging about Airlines Europe! We look forward to hopefully purchasing it next month. It is coming out next month, right Jay???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A month away, I'd hope that they'd have an official announcement at this point. Might influence my boardgame budget which might be one last big splurge before the end of the year. If I could preorder this at one of the big online retailers along with Dead of Winter, I might go that route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Turdburger
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a German copy at boardgamebliss.com for a bit over $50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.