Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing that these two plot quests do work together, and wanted to see what others think.

Study in the librarium says: After you take an action that allows you to play any intrigue card, draw an intrigue card. You can play that card immediately without taking an action.

Place a sleeper agent in Skullport says: Whenever you play an intrigue card, you score 2 points.

So in effect, you would gain 4 points whenever you played an intrigue card, if you played the card immediately that is, if you had both of these plot quests completed. According to the BGG FAQ, it was said that you would gain 2 points by completing the "Prison Break" quest, which allows you to play an intrigue card. So that is why I am thinking these two plot quest do sync with each other, even though that does seem an exception to the normal rule that plot quest rewards don't activate by other plot quest rewards.

So, opinions on this plot quests combo in terms of being legal?

This does seem to be a pretty powerful combo, for instance, another quest that would work well and give a potential 8 points, would be "Deal with the Black Viper", which potentially allows a player to play 4 intrigue cards at once.

And a building that seems very strong in combo with this is Hall of Many Pillars, which allows you to play 3 intrigue cards at once, gaining 6 points.

If this is legal, I think this may be a combo you don't want to allow an opponent to get early, could be a bit too strong. (In my game when I managed to get both these plot quests early, I won easily, it was no contest)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you only get the 2 points once, because it is when you take any ACTION that allows you to play an intrigue card.

I believe an "action" is defined as either (a) assign an agent or (b) complete a quest.

The action of assigning to Three Pillars allows you to play 3, but it only counts as one action.

Playing an intrigue and activating the reward is still just one action.

Personally, I'd rule that you played it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quinnox wrote:
Place a sleeper agent in Skullport says: Whenever you play an intrigue card, you score 2 points.

But the text on the card (I think the quoted text is correct) simply says every time you play and intrigue card, not every time you take an action to play an intrigue card.

So if you play 3 cards from a building, you'd score 6 points. I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
quinnox wrote:

But the text on the card (I think the quoted text is correct) simply says every time you play and intrigue card, not every time you take an action to play an intrigue card.

I agree with this assessment. The text on sleeper agent is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Caras
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mb
willythesnitch wrote:
quinnox wrote:

This is correct - as verified through the iOS version by the award of two points via the completion of Prison Break and subsequent play of an intrgue card (whilst Place a Sleeper Agent in Skullport is active).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleeding Blue wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:
quinnox wrote:

This is correct - as verified through the iOS version by the award of two points via the completion of Prison Break and subsequent play of an intrgue card (whilst Place a Sleeper Agent in Skullport is active).

Yep, just the other day I was playing the iOS version with this ability active, completed the quest that allows you to draw and play 4 Intrigue cards, during which I drew the intrigue card that allows you to draw and play 2 more...

Lots of fun! Well, it was fun for me anyway, not so much for my opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.