Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, do the nurses used to mark the completion of an objective come from your unused reserve, or is it the nurse you sent to the objective's space from the atelier?

All it says in the rules is:

A player who completes an objective places their nurse on the first free space next to that objective and immediately scores the victory points indicated on that space

(I played my initial game earlier tonight, and that was the only element of the design I really couldn't explain to the players.)

Additionally, my buddy ignored increasing his colony for the majority of the game, and found he had run out of placeable pheromone tiles. I doubt this will come up again, but since only one worker can be assigned to work within the colony if a player is at Level 0, is it legal for him to keep his unused workers till the next round (like soldiers), or does he have to send them to the surface, even though he couldn't do anything with them? He lacked soldiers, so combat wasn't an option either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The nurse sent to the atelier stays on the objective space.

You never have to use all of your workers. They can wait in the hive doing nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
croloris wrote:

You never have to use all of your workers. They can wait in the hive doing nothing.

But, that's not what the rules say:

Rules, top of page 7 wrote:

In turn, each player will use
a worker to either send it outside, or to send it to work in the
ant colony. Players are not allowed to pass..

Was this clarified in a FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Schwartz
United States
Sturgis
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The nurse used to mark the completion of an objective is in all cases the nurse that was sent to the atelier, it does not come from your reserve.

Also, players are not allowed to leave their workers unused within the colony. If a player has two workers and is still at a level 0 colony, he can send one to work in the Gestation Room (+1 larvae), but the other would have to be sent out into the garden. This prevents you from stock-piling workers unless you have a high-level colony and can assign all of them tasks within it.

You can play Myrmes online at www.boiteajeux.net to get a better feel for gameplay or to see these aspects of gameplay illustrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Devin said, using ants in your colony is not optional, it's compulsory. Laying pheromone tiles, however, is optional.

So that player would have to send their ants out if they had nowhere left within the colony to place them, they would most likely be just wasting the ant unless if they were cleaning up pheromones or fighting bugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Additionally, my buddy ignored increasing his colony for the majority of the game, and found he had run out of placeable pheromone tiles. I doubt this will come up again, but since only one worker can be assigned to work within the colony if a player is at Level 0, is it legal for him to keep his unused workers till the next round (like soldiers), or does he have to send them to the surface, even though he couldn't do anything with them? He lacked soldiers, so combat wasn't an option either.

If he had one piece of dirt, he could have also cleaned up one of his empty trails and then layed it down again with his worker...which would then expire, but that new pheromone trail would produce new resources according to it's placement.

If he lacked the dirt, he could use the Atelier action and opened up a new tunnel entrance (also producing a dirt) and then next turn be able to do above action described - although it would be too late for those additional workers on that turn as they would have been spent wandering aimlessly in the garden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyzx1 wrote:

If he had one piece of dirt, he could have also cleaned up one of his empty trails and then layed it down again with his worker...which would then expire, but that new pheromone trail would produce new resources according to it's placement.

No, he can't do that. Pheromone trails that are cleared from the garden, are removed from the game and cannot be used again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.