Hide
6 Posts

Influence» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing Question: Swap / Flank Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ewbank
msg tools
If this is in the rulebook, I missed it...

How do you resolve timing if players from two or more Factions each have Swap and / or Flank cards on their Influence cards on the same Castle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swap cards are limited to one per castle, so that shouldn't be an issue.

With multiple flank cards on the same castle, I'd resolve it in turn order.

I'm out of town but I'll check my notes when I get home in case I have other ideas/examples to share.

--matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ewbank
msg tools
Okay, my confusion on the Swap cards was that the rules say one per Castle, but Swap cards may also be played on Influence cards - the intent is that only one Swap card may be played on a Castle and the Influence cards on that Castle. Got it.

What about a Swap and Flank card on the same Castle? Also resolve in turn order?

Thanks for the quick reponse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd do everything in turn order in these situations.

Just to clarify: only one Swap is allowed per Castle -- only the player controlling the Castle can play a Swap there, but anyone can play Swap on the Setup card, so the limit of one applies and is important.

You can play Swap on Influence cards even if the Castle already has a Swap on it -- resolve in turn order and if they're both your Swap cards then the order doesn't change anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ewbank
msg tools
Got it, thanks.

And for multiple Swap and Flank cards - resolve in turn order also, or does one type resolve before the other?

Edit: You posted earlier that you would resolve in turn order in these situations - just trying to be complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whiskey tango foxtrot
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mewbank wrote:
Got it, thanks.

And for multiple Swap and Flank cards - resolve in turn order also, or does one type resolve before the other?

Edit: You posted earlier that you would resolve in turn order in these situations - just trying to be complete.

Hmm, I thought I replied to this, but apparently not (the glory of cell phones).

If a Swap and a Flank are on the same Castle, I'd say resolve them in turn order.
--matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.