Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Huffman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
4 Questions:

1). Return To Camp Track (RTCT): Is there any way for the 'Return To Camp' track to go backwards? I know the game starts on '4' but there is a 2 and 3 notation there; If I was a betting-man I'd say it was in one of the decks "Move Return to Camp Track back 1 space'. (But I haven't seen it yet)

2). Based on another thread (for clarification); Exploration is always done with every player. If player 1 decides to go exploring (by putting his meeple on the 'Exploration' box), All the players will inadvertently go as well. Drawing a card and resolving it after the 'Leader' goes first. Those players can leave the exploration back to camp whenever they want, by rolling a dice and comparing it to the RTCT.
Is this correct??

3). Also on the Exploration, when any player reaches the coast to the interior (from the Yellow coast/circles to the Green interior/circles; also Green to Red highlands/circles later) all the other players join the lead marker. Example, If Player 1 (who is ahead of everyone else) moves into the interior, Player 2 and Player 3 who are far behind automatically move there markers to where Player 1 is?
This wouldn't make sense to me as Player 2 and Player 3 should not be allowed to jump ahead like that. However, exploration is treated as a Co-Op feature of the game. Please clarify...

4). I unboxed my Castaway game at Christmas, and found a maker that I'm not sure what it is there for. It's a marker with the Castaway symbol on it (the same as on the top of the character cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - the track goes backwards when you get lost. You move it back at the end of the turn and as your castaways first (And maybe second) action. So if you are unlucky and fail to roll 4 or more it will go down to 3 and then 2 if you are super-unlucky.

2 - No, players can go exploring on their own or with just a few of them. Other players can do other actions at camp. However, whichever players do choose to go exploring go exploring as one group, not separately.

3 - No, they don't join the lead marker. This is a slightly confusing part of the rules. Their marker stays where it is but they are able to draw cards from the area that the most advanced member of the exploring group is in. So if one member is in the interior, all members can draw cards from the interior deck, even if their marker is still in the coast section. The only time the markers move to the next section is if all the cards of one section are gone - so if someone takes the last coast card, anyone with a marker still on the coast moves to the first space of the interior. Note that this appears to mean players can choose to continue exploring the coast even when they've reached the interior (and if their marker is still on the coast and they are exploring alone they will have no choice but to explore the coast, even if other players have reached the interior or heart).

4 - Don't know. There are lots of markers in my game I haven't even looked at, I just used all the ones referred to in the rules and assumed that the others would be used at some point as dictated by a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a shipwreck marker that is just some proof of purchase. One 'N' marker to mark first player for french/spanish edition (Naufragés/Naufragos) whereas the 'C' is the marker for first player in the english edition (Castaway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Huffman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Thank you Whitescar; I do appreciate it. After looking at the rule book again, I found my #1 answer (thanks to you) there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Huffman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Martin518 wrote:
You have a shipwreck marker that is just some proof of purchase. One 'N' marker to mark first player for french/spanish edition (Naufragés/Naufragos) whereas the 'C' is the marker for first player in the english edition (Castaway)

Ahhh, I get it...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.