Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started playing Dominion, and I apologize if this has been asked before.

If I play the Throne Room, and then choose an Action that requires me to trash the card itself (like Feast, for instance), do I trash Feast once and gain 2 cards costing 5 or less? Or can I not gain another card, because I didn't trash it?

In the rulebook, it says that a player must resolve as much of an action as possible. So would that mean that even though I can't resolve the trashing part, I still resolve the gaining a card part?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Explained in detail recently here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
In the rulebook, it says that a player must resolve as much of an action as possible. So would that mean that even though I can't resolve the trashing part, I still resolve the gaining a card part?

Exactly. Always do as much of the card as you can. Since with Feast gaining a card is not contingent on trashing the card, you get to gain a card even if the card was already trashed with the first Throne Room. Other cards have "If you do..." language that interact differently with Throne Room, so keep an eye out for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Where people get confused is when they see Throned Feast work and gain two cards from a single trashing, they expect Throned Remodel or Mine to do the same (and they don't - for each copy you need to trash something to gain the new card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.