Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this and am looking forward to playing it with my gaming group. Just a couple of questions from initial reading of the rules.Apologies in advance if these are obvious from the rules.

Patronage. My understanding is that if you have enough ducats to bribe a figure then you get the figure plus the gold on it plus a ducat from the bank to go on the card. If I have that right it does not cost you anything to bribe a figure provided of course you had the resources to begin with as you get them all back. Am I misunderstanding this?

Highest influence in neighbouring countries. The rule says when you place your seal on the country you gain profits from that country. In what phase does this happen and presumably it is only once per turn. Also do you get that profit even in turns where the country is not being scored.

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I'll try to answer...

1) The money you bribe goes back to stock and you get the card with the money that is on it +1. However the money stays on the card as protection money - you don't get to personally use it for anything.

2) By "profits" I assume you mean the special ability that each country grants if you have a marker on it's seal? Those happen during the appropriate phase unique to each country. Like one gives you a cannon maintenance credit (saving you money during upkeep) while another actually pays you 2 coin during income. You keep gaining these abilities until the country is scored again and your marker is replaced on the seal. In some games your marker might sit there the entire game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.