Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Phantom League» Forums » General

Subject: COMBO Pack received for Christmas - struggling with card "manifest" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mentioned in this thread I left it up to the vagaries of my gift-buying family and friends to decide whether I would ever own this game once I had the information I needed to "patch" the base game to Mostly Harmless levels (without the additional content). Turns out that I got super-lucky as I actually received The Phantom League COMBO!

But now I'm confused about the cards that I have.

Here's the cards that I have a "duplicate" of that has the MH icon indicating it's a replacement for the base game card. I've replaced the cards (even where the logo appears to be the only difference):

A06
B27, 30, 42, 54 and 57
C02, 05, and 07
H07
M03, 05, 06, 08, 09, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 23, 27 and 28
S05 and 06

Is this the correct list of cards to replace?

Is there anything else that I need to know or patch?

Is the rulebook in the COMBO the most correct version for playing with PL+MH?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
As I mentioned in this thread I left it up to the vagaries of my gift-buying family and friends to decide whether I would ever own this game once I had the information I needed to "patch" the base game to Mostly Harmless levels (without the additional content). Turns out that I got super-lucky as I actually received The Phantom League COMBO!

But now I'm confused about the cards that I have.

Here's the cards that I have a "duplicate" of that has the MH icon indicating it's a replacement for the base game card. I've replaced the cards (even where the logo appears to be the only difference):

A06
B27, 30, 42, 54 and 57
C02, 05, and 07
H07
M03, 05, 06, 08, 09, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 23, 27 and 28
S05 and 06

Is this the correct list of cards to replace?

Seems so. And even if you'd have some cards as duplicates (or "unpatched") it will not break the game.

Quote:
Is there anything else that I need to know or patch?

When we did the repacking, we did already throw out most outdated material, so you ought to be good to go.

Quote:

No. It is not, but it's still valid and good, should you wish to play without some changes introduced by Pilot Academy (mainly to Blockading & Escaping).

Latest is in BGG.

I still recommend having Pilot Academy for it. It makes the game even better, I'd say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

No. It is not, but it's still valid and good, should you wish to play without some changes introduced by Pilot Academy (mainly to Blockading & Escaping).

Latest is in BGG.

I still recommend having Pilot Academy for it. It makes the game even better, I'd say.
Thanks, as ever, Timo!

Regarding the Escape/Blockade changes, are these just updates to the rules coming from even greater "playtesting", or are they specific to playing with Pilot's Academy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Eridis wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Latest is in BGG.

Thanks, as ever, Timo!

Regarding the Escape/Blockade changes, are these just updates to the rules coming from even greater "playtesting", or are they specific to playing with Pilot's Academy?

Blockading & Escaping can be used without PA (and I recommend those
being used, regardless of the expansions you have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Timo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Green
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still not played my copy 'Crispy. A session report about how you found the game would certainly spur me on. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have to wait some time, my queue of unplayed games is not getting any shorter! Unplayed Games (not expansions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.