Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Chicken-Fried Goat

Recipe here
http://tinyurl.com/rsp-chicken-fried-goat

Remember the goat cycle: flour-egg-flour-egg-flour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabrito is better slow cooked, like in the crock pot or smoked on a spit. Otherwise the meat is rather tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I do not approve of this dish. Please take my name off it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Never had fried goat. I had an excellent braised baby goat once at an Italian place in Chicago, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
MWChapel wrote:
Cabrito is better slow cooked, like in the crock pot or smoked on a spit. Otherwise the meat is rather tough.

In this case, the leg meat is tenderized by the rapid violence of pounding with a mallet, which should produce thin, submissive slices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

In this case, the leg meat is tenderized by the rapid violence of pounding with a mallet, which should produce thin, submissive slices.

That reminds me of this girl I used to date...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
garygarison wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I thought you fucked sheep up there in Idaho, not goats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
garygarison wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I thought you fucked sheep up there in Idaho, not goats?

Only if you're Basque. And not to defend the practice, but it probably does get lonely out there. Like new Zealand I'd imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuck me, and I thought the plate of vomit from Cracker Barrel looked like cat vomit. Is the bowl the result of eating this, or a condiment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

Hummm.... I enjoy eating lamb and both sheep and goat milk products are yummy (especially cheese) but I have never had fried goat. I might have to try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Which animals are not good to eat?

My father shot some groundhogs because they were being pests. I did not think he should cook them, but he did.

Would not recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goat is exceptionally delicious.

Tough to find and I have to meet a farmer when he comes into town. Looks like a drug deal...scraggly hippie looking goat farmer and me in the parking lot exchanging an envelope of 20s for plain white wrapped up packages.

I either use it for tamales or barbacoa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Your nearest halal butcher is your best bet for goat and lamb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
slatersteven wrote:
Fuck me, and I thought the plate of vomit from Cracker Barrel looked like cat vomit. Is the bowl the result of eating this, or a condiment?

That's country gravy, a rustic US version of standard béchamel white sauce prepared with rendered meat fat instead of butter, and in this case, with a mix of broth and goat milk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

That's country gravy, a rustic US version of standard béchamel white sauce prepared with rendered meat fat instead of butter, and in this case, with a mix of broth and goat milk.
You see in the UK we call that sauce, Gravy has different connotations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an Indian buffet place I go to sometimes for lunch, and they always have a goat stew. Aside from all the small bones, it's pretty damn tasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's another heart attack?

Jay-approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
There's an Indian buffet place I go to sometimes for lunch, and they always have a goat stew. Aside from all the small bones, it's pretty damn tasty.

Wait...where is this? I have never been invited to this alleged Indian buffet. DO YOU HAVE OTHER LUNCH PARTNERS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:

Just two days ago I prepared Indian food made with goat. It was amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

The other day I prepared some food with a goat. He makes a mean stir-fry, that goat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

Wait...where is this? I have never been invited to this alleged Indian buffet. DO YOU HAVE OTHER LUNCH PARTNERS?

It's in Highwood, and yes, I confess, sometimes I have other lunch partners. But you drove me to it! If you weren't so busy with your schooling and your work, I wouldn't have to have lunch with others. And don't try to take the moral high ground here - I know that all those times you said you were "too busy" for lunch with me, you were being treated to lunch by vendors, LIKE A COMMON LUNCH-SLUT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

It's in Highwood, and yes, I confess, sometimes I have other lunch partners. But you drove me to it! If you weren't so busy with your schooling and your work, I wouldn't have to have lunch with others. And don't try to take the moral high ground here - I know that all those times you said you were "too busy" for lunch with me, you were being treated to lunch by vendors, LIKE A COMMON LUNCH-SLUT!

But...but...but...they give me gifts! They make me feel special! I remember when you used to take lunch seriously, make sure I was enjoying it. Now you barely make eye contact, just shove it in, belch, and you're out the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

What did you make?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

What did you make?

Slow cooked two legs of goat in a Dutch oven with Indian spices including some garam masala I roasted and ground that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:

But...but...but...they give me gifts! They make me feel special! I remember when you used to take lunch seriously, make sure I was enjoying it. Now you barely make eye contact, just shove it in, belch, and you're out the door.

So sad... makes me all weepy and stuff. here Dave, for you -

Sorry about the nose man, but Dan looks good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.