Craig Stosser
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing this card flips the turn 4 weather from Snow to Mud. Is turn 5 then still Long Winter?

It seems to skip a "Snowy" turn completely. Is it possible to go from Mud on turn 4, to Long Winter on turn 5, and then Mud again on turn 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

If I understood correctly, a long winter turn has to follow a winter turn.

So I'd say turn 5 becomes a winter turn if turn 4 was a mud turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kulesza
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Turn 5 weather is Snow. Long Winter is not a "counter" thing, it happens whenever there are two Snow turns in a row.

My bigger problem here is whether or not Turn 4 counts as the first Snow turn of the game for the purposes of the increased bonus from the Soviet Shock! markers. The turn has already started and it was snowing, but before anything happened the weather turned to mud since the German card changed the weather in the Axis Card Phase - does the increased Shock! bonus trigger or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tevery Best wrote:
The Turn 5 weather is Snow. Long Winter is not a "counter" thing, it happens whenever there are two Snow turns in a row.

My bigger problem here is whether or not Turn 4 counts as the first Snow turn of the game for the purposes of the increased bonus from the Soviet Shock! markers. The turn has already started and it was snowing, but before anything happened the weather turned to mud since the German card changed the weather in the Axis Card Phase - does the increased Shock! bonus trigger or not?

The trigger is still there for the Shock markers. See it as a slightly less sever winter, but the Soviets still get the advantage (bad German supplies, Siberian reinforcements, etc...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.