BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: new years flix: stooges, marx bros etc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sauronsauronsauronsauronsauron

back in the day many of the local stations would show a marathon or such of various 3 Stooges movies. Throw in some Marx Bros and Abbot and Costello for some good measure.

In this age of instant gratification, what should I dial up for the family?

this perhaps???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Pretty sure Duck Soup is also available; all the humor without all the shrill caterwauling of Opera. My personal fave Marx Bros movie is Animal Crackers; as a musician, the "Chico-can't find-the-song's-end" bit kills me every time. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try some Carry On! Good family fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
duck Soup FTW.

If you have Netfix Streaming they have a bunch of bunch of Buster Keaton available. The General and Sherlock Jr. are probably the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't go wrong with the brothers Marx. Don't forget Horsefeathers, A Day at the Races, and Monkey Business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you like goofy Marxist humor you should check out a movie called Brain Donors, an homage from the late 80s. It's the best Marx Bros film without the Marx Bros actually in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think the worst thing about being a crime boss would be having to write performance reviews for all of those career criminals.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up having a Big Bang Theory marathon, watching season 6 to try to get caught up. We'd seen the first four seasons (borrowed from my SIL) and my wife borrowed seasons 5 and 6 from a co-worker a few weeks ago. We wanted to finish them so we could return them.

After BBT we watched "Sherlock Jr." by Buster Keaton on YouTube, then followed that with several episodes of the vlog brothers and Mental Floss videos.

We finally switched to TV and the Times Square countdown about 4 minutes to the drop. Really poor camera work on the Fox network -- I guess the good folks were all off for the holiday and these were the 3rd-stringers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.