Hide
10 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Play time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff James
msg tools
What is the play time for a three player game first time? Just wondering if we have time tonight to get it in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around 2-3 hours from my experience : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff616 wrote:
What is the play time for a three player game first time? Just wondering if we have time tonight to get it in?

Unless everyone is familiar with the rules, let the first game be rule explanation and a few "tryout" turns. This alone can take 2 hours, even 3, but ssubsequent sessions should go more quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff James
msg tools
Yeah we played 4 rounds and was sure we where doing some things wrong, but it was a nice intro and next time we will only have to have to teach the one dude that wasn't here last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
apan 123
msg tools
It took us 6.5 hours when we played a 3p game yesterday. We were all beginners. And that is without the rule explanation, which took about 45 minutes.

I guess me and my friends like to talk a lot or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first 3p game took around 3 hours, and I was the only one who new how to play. Both players had watched this video though, which really helped

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/21541/a-game-of-thrones-the-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time game today for 4-players. Even discounting the time eating and watching the FFG video it took us 9 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Thisson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
The game can be completed in about 3 hours with a full complement of players, but to do so pretty much requires someone to assume the duty of constantly urging the appropriate player to take their action and pass play to the next player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan McCauley
United States
Mountville (Lancaster County)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a 6p game last night that took 5.5 hours. Our group admittedly has some AP issues and we tend to posture and insult one another while bringing up past betryals and reasons for targeting one another, as well as out of game chit-chat. For our group it works because it's part of game night and catching up with people we haven't seen in a while (we had 11 total gamers show up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Stoica
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 2 games of 6 players in 5 hours Saturday night. First game was the base game and the second one was A dance with dragons expansion. I can say we are moving fast because we tend to play and chat at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.