Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Extreme Danger» Forums » General

Subject: No water gun marker on laboratory 2nd floor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Heller
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
How does one properly use a deck gun on the laboratory upper floor board if there aren't any red dotted outlines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules, I suggest, section "Vehicle Actions": you do not target a single floor, but half of the building. "Half" is defined (implicitly, by the rule about "flipping the red die) as either 1-3 or 4-6, depending on the position of the engine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Heller
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thank you for the cliarification. In the last game I played we were a bit confused by that, as the first floor does have an outline, as does the 2nd Story expansion. We were joking that there must be a "chemical reaction" reason to not use water cannons on the 2nd floor. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I was at home to look at the board, but I like that idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Barat
United States
Hawthorne
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you play the Attic? Do you only use the d8 for ground floor and 2nd floor.. or do you use the d12 to include the attic ?

The rules led us to believe it didnt reach the attic..but since we got clobbered in the 1st game we used the d12 for the 2nd game.

Is this the reason for the hydrolic lift? to get the deck gun to reach, or just get the CAFS to the upper floor? (oh as add on can ladders be built higher or only one floor up)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leftyleo wrote:
Is this the reason for the hydraulic lift?

You would use the d12 to play the deck gun by the basic game rules. But this is even more ridiculous than the original deck gun rule- which, indeed, is why we have the hydraulic platform with its different, "precise" monitor and its additional function as an attack/rescue path.
Each portable ladder can reach either the 2nd floor or the attic, not both. If, for example, it is set up to the 2nd floor, you can use an action to collapse it and another one to set it up to reach to the attic.
(In real life, German fire brigades use scaling ladders where each of the up to 4 segments adds about 2m to the ladder, or sliding ladders that can be extended from about 6m to 14 m; both of them would easily cover the range we need in the game, while the hydraulic platform is a bit on the large side.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.