Subject: Blockade station rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
The rules state that a Raider gets a +3 to their speed roll, but not in blockade stations. The example of play in the playbook (not the extended one) shows a raider getting the +3 in a blockade station. Am I missing something here?

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gamer
msg tools

Some guy over on the Consimworld site(who I assume works for GMT and answers all the rules questions) said "Except in a Port or Fort, a Raider has a consistent +3 SPEED die ROLL modifier."
So the example of play is correct.
The rules simply omitted Blockade stations in the list of sea areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings John,

Many thanks to "Mr. Gamer" for providing the correct response to your inquiry.

The Raider +3 Speed Roll Modifier in any space other than a Port or Riverine Fort is noted on the back page of the Rule Book's "Playing Piece and Key Rules 'Quick Check' Table" as a footnote within the Raider Line's "Speed Modifier" column.

This reference is provided just in case you need to point out to a doubting opponent that this is a rule within the game's material rather than a CSW or BGG post.

With hindsight, that rule should have been more clearly included in the main body of the Rule Book. Sorry about that.

Enjoy Rebel Raiders on the High Seas!

(Incidentally, I'm merely Rebel Raiders Gamer Developer and not someone who works for GMT. GMT does not support such a staffed service for any of its games: at least to my knowledge. A given GMT game's questions are generally responded to that game's Designer, Developer, and sometimes a play tester or, a fan of the game who has become knowledgeable with the rules... such as "Mr. Gamer" above.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.