Popular Tags: [View All]
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Previous session report: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1092259/the-holiday-campaign

Peter has become quite ill and hasn't gotten up for two days. Melisa and I took the game over to Lisa and Jeri's to give the old "Fat Goblin" a whirl. We had to play it over two nights since the newcomers had to get up to speed with the rules. Pete, finally feeling better, joined back in for the second encounter on the second night. 

Me: The Evil Overload (mwahahaha!)
Melisa: Grisbane the Thirsty - Beserker 
Peter: Ashrian - Spiritseeker
Jeri: Leoric of the Book - Runemaster 
Lisa: Jain Fairwood - Wildlander

The campaign: Journeys in the Dark

Session 2: The Fat Goblin - Encounter 1
The heroes find themselves at a farm being raided by goblins. A farmer informs them that his brother Fredric has been kidnapped and the goblins are stealing the food. As they enter the farm they are met by four Barghest which are large wolf like creatures. I had hoped to at least slow them down but Grisbane and Jain chopped right through one of the monsters, allowing Ashrian to run ahead and grab a crop token with Leoric as back up. On the overlord turn I played a Dash card and got my master goblin to move and grab one crop token.  I pulled one of my Barghest back to the farm tile and sic'd three of them on Leoric. They did lots of damage but alas were unable to knock him out. The next turns were a crazy pile on into the farm with the heroes able to get a search token and two more crop tokens. They scored one, thanks to Jain's heroic feat. The dwarf grabbed the last one.  Grisbane's stubby legs forced him to wait a turn before scoring the final token. The heroes formed a vanguard to protect him from the inevitable monster onslaught. I was able to knock out all of them but Grisbane. In the end I scored only one crop token but my hand is now filled with a bunch of cards...

Session 3: The Fat Goblin - Encounter 2
Our heroes follow the trail left by the goblins to a dungeon and soon learn that Fredric and the other farmers are being tortured by Splig the Goblin King. They burst through the door to be met by a swarm of spiders, which they easily dispatch. In the mean time the goblins begin the terrible business of torturing the farmers. Splig, it turns out, is the worst torturer in the whole barony as he fails his first three rolls. I finally draw a  Dark Fortune card and it still takes him another three tries to find Fredric. Despite the gallant efforts of the shadow dragons at slowing up the heroes, the are all dead by the time Splig has his man. Splig and the goblins gather on one side of the door and the heroes gather on the other side.  I play my Dark Charm card hoping to force Leoric to open the door and shoot himself in the foot, but despite his poor wisdom, he managed to fend off the spell. It was down to do or die with the goblins. They burst open the door and made a few feeble attacks and then fat ol' Splig made a run for it with his Dash card. He didn't make it too the exit before the heroes made short work of him. 

Sad as I was to lose this encounter, the whole gang was hooked on the game by the end. They debated what to buy and how to spend their experience and were so pumped they asked to play tomorrow night. They got the hunter a new crossbow and Jain got the dreaded "Danger Sense" ability. The rest saved their points. I picked up a Dark Fortitude card since I'm sick of them murdering my beloved monsters  They choose Castle Daerion as the next quest. 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board game night in action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.