Subject: Japanese Support Table, Sighting Marker, and RSG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play Combat Commander: Pacific as often as CC:E and CC:M so I decided to use some random dice rolls and use the RSG as a solo refresher. When I was rolling on the Japanese Support Table I noticed the bottom row with the Sighting Marker. I've looked here and there trying to find out this works and I have come to the conclusion that it must be one of two possibilities:

1. Pay the VP Cost for the years shown and purchase up to the counter limit.

2. Ignore this row because they are markers, not units, and purchase Sighting Markers according to RS.18.

I'm leaning very strongly toward #2, because it makes more sense than #1, and because of a comment by Chad in another thread, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your gut feelings are correct. I think that they had originally planned to let you buy them at some random event but then due to play testing, changed their mind. I know there are several threads on this, because I am one of them and was referred to a previous one....but the bottom line is that you can only purchase Sighting markers during the DYO or get one for free (if it is the correct year) due to a Reinforcement Event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
Your gut feelings are correct. I think that they had originally planned to let you buy them at some random event but then due to play testing, changed their mind. I know there are several threads on this, because I am one of them and was referred to a previous one....but the bottom line is that you can only purchase Sighting markers during the DYO or get one for free (if it is the correct year) due to a Reinforcement Event.

Ha! Actually my gut feelings were the ones where I wasn't sure and that questioned the logic of #2 and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.