Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Newbie questions about being stunned and being captured rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crystal Clear
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I just bought Mice and Mystics for the holidays to play with my siblings. We feen like we can't begin playing because there are still things we don't understand...

1) When a mouse gets stunned, the rulebook says it can move but it can only take a recover action. Can a stunned mouse still defend itself when attacked?

2) Can a mouse discard its starting equipment when it finds something better? Or would that cause the mouse to be completely bare when it gets captured?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I would say yes because the defense is automaticly and doesn't count as a action.

2. Not quit sure should check the rules again but no problem to discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. Defense isn't an action.

2. Actually this was just mentioned in another thread yesterday.

In the rules, under Captured Mouse it says,

Quote:
...Leave the captured mouse's initiative card on the initiative track, but remove the mouse's figure from the game board, discard all of that mouse's cheese tokens and all of the search cards the captured mouse currently has equipped (starting equipment and any items in the pack are safe and do not need to be discarded......

Emphasis mine.

But there is says that when captured, you don't need to discard starting equipment. But if you already discarded it for something else, then you are out of luck and don't get it back. The rules don't specify that you automatically get it back, they just say that you don't have to discard them when captured. You have to have them in order to not have to discard them.

I've played this game many many times and never got rid of my starting equipment. If a mouse starts out with a one-pawed weapon, then they have room in the other paw to equip a new one-pawed weapon, or a shield. They'll want armor or a helmet or other things that can be equipped, and then you still have room in the pack for some extra stuff, like an extra special weapon. If you get too much stuff, you can always share it with another mouse that has more room in their pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacq L
New Zealand
flag msg tools
What are YOU lookin at?
badge
poof
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it so that if a mouse discards their starting equipment and gets captured, on release they have nothing. But they regain their starting equipment at the beginning of a new chapter.

This only seems to be an issue for Filch, though. His dagger is alright but there's better weapons and more options in the deck (like bows). The other mice's starting equipment is usually better than what's in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.