Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Might Makes Right: advice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I tried Mission 09 from the season 1 rulebook twice and got my ass handed to me both times (but it was fun!).

The first time I started with the Goth girl (can't remember her name) and made a bad choice: I searched the police car twice and then opened one of the big buildings. I got swarmed pretty fast and died withouth getting even one objective.

The second time I started with Wanda (since I figured her increased mobility might be of use) and went straight for the 1-room building. I got the objective and recruited Josh. It was very lucky because his slippery ability is very useful.
After that I searched a couple of times (got a sub-mg! YAY) and started killing zombies on our path while heading for the upper right building, wanda got killed in the street and Josh made it to the objective token... It was blue.
I then tried to make a run to the upper left building with Josh, but an abomination spawned when I opened the door!!! A Runner killed me before the abomination.

Do you have any advice? What could I have done better? especially in the second game.

For everyone who got through my long account of my Solo games: Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this scenario yet - your comments have made me want to try it. However, it looks extremely difficult with only one survivor, and I would say that both Amy (the Goth girl) and Wanda are the best choices for players. Perhaps starting with 2 survivors is better? (I know that doesn't answer your question - I would be pleased to hear other people's strategies for this one, too.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
I haven't played this scenario yet - your comments have made me want to try it. However, it looks extremely difficult with only one survivor, and I would say that both Amy (the Goth girl) and Wanda are the best choices for players. Perhaps starting with 2 survivors is better? (I know that doesn't answer your question - I would be pleased to hear other people's strategies for this one, too.)


Yes, that's probably the way to go. I had started it with just one survivor because the rules explicitly say to do so... Maybe it's just a little imbalanced...

I'm really happy about this game Losing is never frustrating, I just want to try it again! I really hope I can play it with my friends soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with 3 people starting with one player each, and it took us 4 plays before we won. I really like this scenario.
Good luck beating it, starting with one survivor. Starting with Wanda, and lucking into finding Josh was probably your best shot at winning. We always would leave the one room building to open last. You can use the police car to get some weapons faster than in rooms. A small map with less survivors makes this scenario very hard, but definitely one of my favorites.zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
We played with 3 people starting with one player each, and it took us 4 plays before we won. I really like this scenario.
Good luck beating it, starting with one survivor. Starting with Wanda, and lucking into finding Josh was probably your best shot at winning. We always would leave the one room building to open last. You can use the police car to get some weapons faster than in rooms. A small map with less survivors makes this scenario very hard, but definitely one of my favorites.zombie


Great to know! I'll try with 2 survivors and if I fail I'll try with 3. I'm thinking a good combination would be Wanda, Josh and the office guy (can't remember his name).
Wanda is very mobile, Josh is slippery and the office guy would be great to find pairs of weapons in the police car!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
We played with 3 people starting with one player each, and it took us 4 plays before we won. I really like this scenario.
Good luck beating it, starting with one survivor. Starting with Wanda, and lucking into finding Josh was probably your best shot at winning. We always would leave the one room building to open last. You can use the police car to get some weapons faster than in rooms. A small map with less survivors makes this scenario very hard, but definitely one of my favorites.zombie


Great to know! I'll try with 2 survivors and if I fail I'll try with 3. I'm thinking a good combination would be Wanda, Josh and the office guy (can't remember his name).
Wanda is very mobile, Josh is slippery and the office guy would be great to find pairs of weapons in the police car!


Sounds like a good plan. Another thing I like about this scenario is that it plays out rather quickly. (on our second attempt we had this one beaten, but on what should have been the last zombies phase we pulled the sewer runners and then double activation cards.zombiezombiezombie)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
thegrinder wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
We played with 3 people starting with one player each, and it took us 4 plays before we won. I really like this scenario.
Good luck beating it, starting with one survivor. Starting with Wanda, and lucking into finding Josh was probably your best shot at winning. We always would leave the one room building to open last. You can use the police car to get some weapons faster than in rooms. A small map with less survivors makes this scenario very hard, but definitely one of my favorites.zombie


Great to know! I'll try with 2 survivors and if I fail I'll try with 3. I'm thinking a good combination would be Wanda, Josh and the office guy (can't remember his name).
Wanda is very mobile, Josh is slippery and the office guy would be great to find pairs of weapons in the police car!


Sounds like a good plan. Another thing I like about this scenario is that it plays out rather quickly. (on our second attempt we had this one beaten, but on what should have been the last zombies phase we pulled the sewer runners and then double activation cards.zombiezombiezombie)


My god that sounds awful D:
I never came close to the 90 minutes stated on the rulebook, but maybe because I died soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried it again today starting with Wanda/Josh/Doug. It went really well especially since I found 2 chainsaws and 2 sub-mg's and I managed to free al the survivors (without finding the blue token!). But in the end I perished because of an extra walker activation...

It was incredibly FUN!!! I'm looking forward to playing this with other people!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hendrick
United States
North Grafton
MA
flag msg tools
mb
So, I tried this one solo last night. Failed 4 or 5 times. I think there are some things that should be addressed, though.

1. You start with one survivor. Does the survivor have ANY starting equipment? I would assume that's what the Police Car is really for.
2. Should this scenario have adjusted spawn rules for a 1 vs 2 vs 3 players? Starting with one survivor and normal spawns is BRUTAL.

Still fracking love this game so far.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Survivor should start with a Pistol, a Fire Axe, and a Crow Bar.

Basically, if you start with three or fewer Survivors you leave out the pans a deal the remaining starting equipment out to the survivors - so with one Survivor they get everything!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas your best hope is to start with 2 or 3 survivors. I never managed to beat it starting with one, and when you start with more it's not a cakewalk either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This mission is freakin hard! I play solo so starting with one survivor is nutz. And, Scott Hill, you do not start with everything as a solo survivorsoblue, the rules state '...so that each survivor gets one card' and if you get the pistol you'll have to search the police car until you get a 'door opener' which puts it at ultra nutz. Sorry dude.
I believe Wanda is still the best bet and only if you can rescue at least 1 (best case 2) survivor before you hit yellow. I'm 0 for 5 on this mission! Any more advice for season 1 core box survivors would be appreciated
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.