BANG!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jourdonnais vs. Derringer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Malott
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Okay. We fought about this last night. Competitive not angrily- kinda. A Derringer was played on Jourdonnais. My question (finally) is: who draws first? The gun says bang one away AND draw a card, but Jourdonnais states whenever he is the target of a bang, he may draw. On a heart he is missed. Lucky them, the first card was a heart, so debate ensued. Oddly, I (Deputy) sided with the Sheriff, and my other friend sided with his fellow outlaw. The renegade sat and kept drinking lol.

Side note: We have the bullet edition and it states about Jourdonnais in the rulebook: "He is considered to have a barrel in play at all times..." I have read on some boards that Jourdonnais' ability is only active during actual BANG! cards, not cards with the BANG! symbol. Also, all BANG! cards AND symbols are capitalized, no variation between "BANG!" and bang! Please help!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to fully resolve one card before applying other effects.
So the order is:
-play derringer (=shot at player and draw card)
-use barrel/ability to draw! a card

All Bang! symbols may be cancelled by any card with Missed! symbol, including barrel. And Jourdonnais' ability is 100% copy of a barrel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Malott
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thank you very very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.