Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Identity:
Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (17)
Diesel (Core) x3
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Freelance Coding Contract (Creation and Control) x2
Scavenge (Creation and Control) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3

Hardware: (10)
Deep Red (Mala Tempora) x2 ■ ■
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x3

Program: (13)
Knight (Mala Tempora) x1 ■■
Pawn (Opening Moves) x3 ■ ■ ■
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Faerie (Future Proof) x1 ■■■
Atman (Creation and Control) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3
Torch (Mala Tempora) x1
Snowball (Trace Amount) x1
Morning Star (What Lies Ahead) x1 ■■■■

Resource: (5)
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 11
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 59

Card Interactions
-Test Run combos beautifully with Scavenge to bring powerful programs for cheap: Femme Fatale, Torch and Morning Star. It also draws you a card (2 cards if you Test Run from your heap!).
-Pawn is there for 2 reasons: 1. Coupled with Deep Red and another Pawn in your heap, this is basically a perpetual draw-engine. 2. It lets you reuse your trashed Knight.
-1 Atman may seem like an odd inclusion, but not so much when you consider you can always reboot it with Scavenge. It isn't meant to be a primary breaker, but rather a support.

Any improvements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
kroen wrote:
Any improvements?

Decks with Exile plus Caissa programs should be called Bobby Fisher :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I have to say the interaction between pawn and exile had not occered to me at all. I'm not sure it's a good idea but it is a new idea and I love that. My only critiques would be it seems like professional contacts (good as it is) is working at cross purposes with your rig. This is more of an always run strategy. Maybe grifter, or shaz would do you well. Shazz in particular would turn you pawn engine into a credit engine as well. With so much card draw and discard Levi access, even one copy makes sense. And with that a John Masimori might work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought of "shazz" but didn't know what to take out for it. And Grifter is even more influence I don't have, not to mention it's quite medicore and forces me to run every turn or else I lose it. As for Levy, I never liked him in Exile as I want programs in the heap to stay there. As for John, was never a fan of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Good points all. I don't know where shaharazad would go either, but as a poor mans desperado it would be kind of halarious to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
I feel like if you are running deep red combo, maximizing on deep red and pawn is key. I would remove morningstar, it doesn't seem to be worth the cost/memory slots, and you could use the 4 influence on a deep red and a knight, cause knight is awesome, especially when you rig is so big and expensive. I might even cut faerie and add a knight and a bishop. Getting free draws on top of runs all the time would be brutal.

I also agree about contacts. Maybe casts and sahasrara are the best options?

Edit: deus ex and Paricia make great one-of bullets in shaper, doubly so because of the coding contracts. I would definitely include at least the deus.

So, suggested alterations:
-1 morningstar(####)
-3 contacts
-1 Atman
-1 something

+1 deep red(#)
+1 knight(##)
+1 deus ex
+3 daily casts

You might not even need casts. You could probably get away with 1 Paricia to save you bucks and stuff, and to maybe pitch to coding. With gamble, laundry, coding, And kati Jones, you'll probably be fine. Perhaps a single opus would guarantee tutorable money, and you can probably scavenge it into something useful later.

Also, is your hand constantly stacked? If so, maybe public sympathy would be better than plascrete. It takes more to protect you, but it is also good against every type of damage, and you can keep ridiculous amounts of cards on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naturally I don't mind at all to discard cards at the end of the turn... after all, with the cards I have my heap is like a second stack.

As for the rest of your suggestions, they're not bad and will be considered. One thing though: Why do I need an extra Knight? If it gets trashed, I can reinstall it. Unless you meant that having 2 in play would be awesome? interesting.

Will post shortly with the new list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New list:

Identity:
Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (16)
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Freelance Coding Contract (Creation and Control) x2
Scavenge (Creation and Control) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Hardware: (10)
Deep Red (Mala Tempora) x3 ■ ■ ■
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x2

Program: (17)
Pawn (Opening Moves) x3 ■ ■ ■
Knight (Mala Tempora) x2 ■■ ■■
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Scheherazade (Second Thoughts) x3 ■ ■ ■
Mimic (Core) x1 ■
Deus X (A Study in Static) x1
Paricia (Creation and Control) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3
Snowball (Trace Amount) x1
Torch (Mala Tempora) x1

Resource: (2)
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 14
Criminal: 1
Shaper: 46

Deep Red+Pawn+Pawn+Scheherazade=Free Professional Contacts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
I think more knights is better not necessarily to have multiple out at once, although knight knight femme on a remote would be hilarious. It would be for consistency. Playing one from hand is much more efficient than tutoring it, and you probably want it early to get through while your heavy hitters arent out yet. Plus, its like a parasite breaker.

And public sympathy would be to increase your "HP" if you will, having a ridiculous hand size is just a side benefit. Its kinda like plascrete, but works against brain and net damage too. You just naturally have to draw a ton of cards to make it worthwhile, and its less efficient against meat damage.

I also just had a crazy thought: would sneakdoor be amazing in this deck? You could tutor it, and all of a sudden they have a reason to ice archives, spreading ice and making another server a viable pawn server. Better than faerie? I'm not sure.

Edit: that list looks much tighter. Does sherherazade work with knight? The wording is weird. And I think diesel would be better than quality time, which is pretty expensive. Diesel is quick and dirty. And since zade is unique, perhaps crescentus could occupy one of those slots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you see the new list? It's right above your post.

And personally I'd rather lay down a Plascrete and call it a day then be forced to draw in fear of SE. Also, from my experience with Exile, I want to discard cards at the end of the turn.

Edit: Currently Sche doesn't work with Knight, but that's fine. And I prefer Quality Time now because I only have 2 slots for draws and I want to maximize them. Plus, Quality Time>FCC is pretty cool. Oh, and if I draw extra Shche's I can feed them to FCC. I want 3 because I want the engine rolling as fast as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Otterson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I understand that Deep Red is mostly there for the Pawn-->Draw combo, and it's fine for that, but as long as you have it why not maximize? Run a full suite of Knights, at least. I've played about 10 games with a Reina deck (more Caissa and no Deep Red, incidentally), and Knight murders. It's great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
Diesel is more efficient as quality time unless you have a really robust economy (generally opus or recurring siphons), and cards aren't your limiting factor, its money, and diesel is free.

I really like the idea of zade, but I'm not sure a 3 card combo that uses a ton of influence is what you need. With all your tutors, you could run some great cards. Corroder over snowball comes to mind, and you would probably save more busting barriers than zade makes. Stimhack will probably generate more credits than zade, and I still think testing sneakdoor could be really super. Even another knight would be killer. Or another femme. Maybe a second femme over a mimic is smart? Femme is so good, cheaty femmes doubly so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way you need 3-of Scheherazade. Because you'll be recurring pawns, you can get cards onto it as soon as it comes out. The other 2 will be little more than dead draws, unless you feed them to a freelance. I'd drop to 1x and add a Rook or Corroder. You have SMC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.