Subject: Target Markers and Forcastle/QuarterDeck sections rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Nelson
United States
Bedford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The rules under "Target" state that the target markers correspond to the Forecastle and Quarterdeck sections of the ship.

While playing with my son, I destroyed both his Forecastle and Quarterdeck. This means that he cannot fire at my ship.

Does the game end at this point? Do I get a round of combat as he tries to get away from the battle?

If the captain was alive, my son could have sacrificed the captain to bring one of the sections back. Without a captain, his ship has no way to fire back at my ship.

I let him keep firing at me, but I was able to sink him the next turn anyway. In the end, I was 2 damage points away from sinking myself. It was a close game!

My son gets real excited when we play. Hearing a six year old talk smack is quite amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same situation and I simply assumed that if I cannot repair the section in any way I lost the game.

If we look at Naval war history it happened actually more than once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. J. Robinson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
If both the Forecastle and Quarterdeck sections are destroyed, and the captain has been KIA, we still permit the option is to ram an opponent's ship. Admittedly the rules do not specifically say this possible, but it permits a otherwise sitting duck one last ditch offensive maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.