Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counter attack question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
msg tools
I have a quick question about counter attack that I couldn't find in the FAQ. If I have a ship equipped with counter attack, but I transfer all damage to a kraxon can I still trigger counter attack? Or do I need to transfer all but one to have counter attack work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Counter attack requires "If your ship's Shields or Hull are damaged". If the ship with counter attack suffers no damage, it does not activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the trick here is to have the Counter Attack on the Kraxon, so every time one of your other ships is attacked, you can pull one hit to it to trigger CA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kemikos wrote:
Yeah, the trick here is to have the Counter Attack on the Kraxon, so every time one of your other ships is attacked, you can pull one hit to it to trigger CA.

Unfortunately, the FAQ indicated this doesn't work.

Counter Attack notes that "IF you take damage"...IE., it's a binary test. It's not "EVERY TIME you take damage", just triggers once a turn.

You can choose *which* attack you trigger it on, but only on one of them.
delta_angelfire wrote:
Counter attack requires "If your ship's Shields or Hull are damaged". If the ship with counter attack suffers no damage, it does not activate.

Indeed, although note that the Kraxon does get to choose how much damage it takes.

So if you have a ship with 'counter attack', just...pass everything over to Kraxon *except* one point of damage, take that to trigger 'counter attack', and...done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.