craig tata
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I just ran through a game on my own (it's sad when you lose against yourself) to get the feel of it before putting it on the table with my group. There were a couple bits that left me confused, so I wanted to ask for clarification here on the ones I couldn't find in other posts.

1) Regarding the "My God, They've taken the..." & Taken Over marker use. Once the card is played, the marker put inside the building and the zombies placed on every square, can they move? and what effect does that have on the marker? Specifically, I know that the zombies cannot move in the turn that they appeared, but what about on subsequent moves? Also, presuming they can move like any others, if the building becomes vacated, does the marker go away (I know it can be cancelled, but I would expect it to just go away from an empty building)?

2) Can I do a discard of a card I just collected for its effect? For instance, I search a room and draw the "Keys" card - can I immediately discard it and collect the 2 new hero cards, or do I have to wait until my next turn?

3) Can I play multiple cards in my hand on the same turn to multiple effects? For instance, if I'm the Zombie Master and have to of the shamble cards, can I play them both and move 2 zombies farther?

Thanks for the help, most of the problems I ran into revolved around some combination of questions 2 & 3 with confusion about whether I could play a given card (normally a newly acquired one) at a given time, or if I had to wait till the next turn. Could I shoot a gun or fight with a weapon that I just got in the search, etc..

Thanks again,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just ran through a game on my own (it's sad when you lose against yourself) to get the feel of it before putting it on the table with my group. There were a couple bits that left me confused, so I wanted to ask for clarification here on the ones I couldn't find in other posts.

1) Regarding the "My God, They've taken the..." & Taken Over marker use. Once the card is played, the marker put inside the building and the zombies placed on every square, can they move? and what effect does that have on the marker? Specifically, I know that the zombies cannot move in the turn that they appeared, but what about on subsequent moves? Also, presuming they can move like any others, if the building becomes vacated, does the marker go away (I know it can be cancelled, but I would expect it to just go away from an empty building)?

They cannot move this turn but can on the next and once the building is vacated it is still taken over and cannot be entered by a hero and the marker still applies.
Quote:

2) Can I do a discard of a card I just collected for its effect? For instance, I search a room and draw the "Keys" card - can I immediately discard it and collect the 2 new hero cards, or do I have to wait until my next turn?

You can immediately play it.

Quote:

3) Can I play multiple cards in my hand on the same turn to multiple effects? For instance, if I'm the Zombie Master and have to of the shamble cards, can I play them both and move 2 zombies farther?

You can play as many cards as you want except fight cards. You are limited to 1 fight card per fight.
Quote:

Thanks for the help, most of the problems I ran into revolved around some combination of questions 2 & 3 with confusion about whether I could play a given card (normally a newly acquired one) at a given time, or if I had to wait till the next turn. Could I shoot a gun or fight with a weapon that I just got in the search, etc..

If you search and find a gun during your turn since the move/search happens before the ranged attack as fight zombies phase you can use those weapons that turn. So you could search find a gun and then immediately fire it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig tata
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Excellent, for the most part that's about what I'd expect, though I still can't understand why a vacant building would be considered overrun.

Nonetheless, I got the answers I need so thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont look at as a Vacant building but instead a building that is so overrun you dont have enough minis to represent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think of it as having zombies still in the building, but they choose not to leave. The ones that are represented by figures move out, but they are just a small minority of the total number of zombies in that building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.