Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd take the 49ers over them right now... but it should be a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean the team that barely won a weak division?
Sure, I'll bet against them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
You mean the team that barely won a weak division?
Sure, I'll bet against them.

The MVP (and best player in the league) QB is back. Defense will be OK.

Just hope it's colder than hell in New York come Super Bowl.

Has there ever been a team that converted three 4th downs in a winning drive in the 4th quarter to get into the playoffs (on the road)?

Me thinks not.

Give me some love here folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be somewhat interested to see how they do on the road in the playoffs.

But I don't think they are anywhere near as good as 49ers, Panthers, Saints or Seahawks.

-Defense will be ok? They are giving up more yards per game than just seven other teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Out of the 4 awful teams in the NFC North the Packers did the worst job at trying to lose the division title. Your reward? One and done in the playoffs! Seriously, dude, you talk about three 4th-down conversions in the 4th quarter as a positive? You were struggling to beat a really weak Bears team. You failed to convert on 3 downs again and again so you had to go for it to keep your playoff hopes alive.

Anything can happen, especially in today's NFL, but I don't think you should even be dreaming about what the weather will be like in New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:

Anything can happen, especially in today's NFL, but I don't think you should even be dreaming about what the weather will be like in New York.

Yeah! Like a horrible Vikings team with a 3rd rate RB getting 100+ yards and beating the Lions!

Seriously though, your ONLY job on that play is to keep Cobb in front of you...how did he get open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a huge 49ers fan, and to be honest I do not think any of the NFC games matter since I am not convinced that anyone can win a playoff game in Seattle this year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Andy, no love. Crazy things happen in the NFL and I've probably seen more bad football this year than I can ever recall. But even in the Video Game Football era, defense still wins and y'all ain't got any.

Then again, history tells us that a low seed will probably beat the odds and win the Super Bowl. But when the Packers did it before (and even when the Giants did it twice), there were mitigating circumstances for their low finishes and you sensed these were teams that were getting on a roll. I'm afraid I have no such feeling about the Pack, nor for the Chargers (who would be the AFC equivalent). I'd expect the 49ers to win reasonably comfortably and even if Green Bay pulls off an upset or two, I just can't see them winning in Seattle. Insanity may very well reign in the AFC this year (since all the teams are flawed), but there's one big dog in the NFC and it lives just a little west of Wisconsin.

But congrats for getting in. Someone had to win it (even if it didn't seem like it for a while) and I'm sure you're just as thrilled as you were for the 15-1 team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am betting on the team the ref's are picking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Anyone betting against them now?

Um...yes?

Orangemoose wrote:

Has there ever been a team that converted three 4th downs in a winning drive in the 4th quarter to get into the playoffs (on the road)?

I don't know. Here's another one: has there ever been a team that has won the Super Bowl that needed to convert three 4th downs in a game winning drive during the last week of the season just to make it to the playoffs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:

But congrats for getting in. Someone had to win it (even if it didn't seem like it for a while)

This play is a metaphor for the entire NFC North race this season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm even a big Packers fan, and I would bet against them. The offense is good, but the defense just can't keep enough points off the board for it to matter. I'm still hopeful, as crazy things can happen, but I don't expect much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm convinced the Packers will win next week against the 49ers. Why? My father-in-law lives with us and he is a real-life Ramsey..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This team was only one failed 4th down conversion away from it's fan base stringing McCarthy up for not going for 2 earlier in the 4th quarter. Which would have been ironic given how the fan base was upset about the failed 2 point attempt vs Minnesota earlier in the season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not feeling much love here. whistle

I'm also hoping against hope that the Lions keep Schwartz. He's good for the Packers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy, that was the best game I've watched all season. Not the most skilled, but the most exciting. Having said that, I'm hoping that during the Packers/49ers game next week, both teams somehow get eliminated. I can't stand either. The only thing worse than seeing one of them win would be seeing the Patriots win anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
Andy, that was the best game I've watched all season. Not the most skilled, but the most exciting. Having said that, I'm hoping that during the Packers/49ers game next week, both teams somehow get eliminated. I can't stand either. The only thing worse than seeing one of them win would be seeing the Patriots win anything.

Ha. This is not the love I'm looking for - and I do agree with your Patriot sentiments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Packers fan from the times of Lombardi, and I will be rooting for them all the way. Still, if they win the game it will be an upset, and I won't be apologizing for winning that one either.

But I am also keeping in mind that Rodgers did not have a very good day against the Bears, looking a little rusty in his first game back after almost two months. If he has a good or great day against the 49ers, I think the Packers have a real chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Larry Levy wrote:

But congrats for getting in. Someone had to win it (even if it didn't seem like it for a while)

That had to be a real hard game for the Bears fans to watch. Though I'm a Green Bay fan, the Bears are my number two, and even I felt bad on this play.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SimGuy wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Larry Levy wrote:

That had to be a real hard game for the Bears fans to watch. Though I'm a Green Bay fan, the Bears are my number two, and even I felt bad on this play.blush

I think the Bears are a #2 also. devil

I've hated them before Ditka and company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
kfritz wrote:
I'm convinced the Packers will win next week against the 49ers.

San Francisco isn't getting out of Carolina. So I assume that you're talking about the Packers and 49ers golfing one another after both are eliminated.

Yes soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
San Francisco isn't getting out of Carolina.

20-10 49ers lead with twelve minutes to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
San Francisco isn't getting out of Carolina. So I assume that you're talking about the Packers and 49ers golfing one another after both are eliminated.

I'm confused: Which team will be playing against Seattle next week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.