Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last scenario my opponent's CE Tiger I was decimating my paras. I want to look up the rules if I can shoot small arm fire at the AFV to hope to inflict a MC or KIA on the exposed crew.

No where can find any direct mention, but this section seems to imply I can do this:

".7.307 vs Armored Targets: Small Arms and non-ordnance attacks [EXC: FT, DC, MOL, ATMM] have no effect vs armored targets but may leave residual FP. Any Vulnerable PRC in or on such vehicles are affected normally as Personnel targets [see Stun (D5.34), Recall (D5.341), Unprotected Crews (D5.311), and Bailing Out (D6.24)]."

Seems like:
a. I can aim my small arm fire at the AFV hex
b. The CE crew gets a +2 CE DRM
c. If I can cause a MC on the IFT, and he fails the MC, then that would result in a Stun.

Is this interpretation correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, or worse. Recall and bailing out could ultimately occur. Actually, CE a Tiger while it's within range and LOS of any small arms is a very good way to lose a Tiger tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D5.34 and the following paragraphs describe what happens.

Fire away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Lau
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the crew of Tiger have morale of 9 when taking MC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the answers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanks whose armor is too strong for your puny To Kill #s are also vulnerable to HE ordnance attacks when CE via a Specific Collateral Attack; e.g., a 75mm HE hit against a tank that does not affect the tank itself might affect the CE crew via the 12 FP +2 CE DRM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing S22 "Another Summer's Day". So my para only have Bazookas. The Tiger of course wisely stayed > 6 hexes away…

Milton

perrycocke wrote:
Tanks whose armor is too strong for your puny To Kill #s are also vulnerable to HE ordnance attacks when CE via a Specific Collateral Attack; e.g., a 75mm HE hit against a tank that does not affect the tank itself might affect the CE crew via the 12 FP +2 CE DRM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
msoong wrote:
We were playing S22 "Another Summer's Day". So my para only have Bazookas. The Tiger of course wisely stayed > 6 hexes away…

Milton

perrycocke wrote:

But if he had gotten close enough, it would be useful to remember the collateral attack. A bounced BAZ round might still break the crew. It is one of the things I do not remember enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More careful reading of the rules also lead me to believe that an MG has two choices what to do against vehicle: he can

a) do the MG to-hit roll, and then trying to use the MG to kill mechanism. Then followed by a collateral attack. Or

b) he can just use it as small arm fire, (maybe bunching it up with other small arms fire in a FG), take the +2 CE DRM, and then hoping for a KIA on the IFT for a stun/shock result.

I have not worked out the odds yet, but b) seems like a better odds to get something to happen (though both are probably snake eyes territory)...

Milton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When swatting at tigers, b is your only option.
When dealing with early war armour, then a can be a viable alternative.
MG penetration of 4 is not great but +2 for range 0-1 and a -1 for rear target aspect can result in a net 7. If the tank has only weak armour that can be a good odds kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
msoong wrote:
More careful reading of the rules also lead me to believe that an MG has two choices what to do against vehicle: he can

a) do the MG to-hit roll, and then trying to use the MG to kill mechanism. Then followed by a collateral attack. Or

b) he can just use it as small arm fire, (maybe bunching it up with other small arms fire in a FG), take the +2 CE DRM, and then hoping for a KIA on the IFT for a stun/shock result.

I have not worked out the odds yet, but b) seems like a better odds to get something to happen (though both are probably snake eyes territory)...

Milton

With MG low TK values, the are only useful against tin-cans. A 4FP MG needs a 4 or better for an NMC with a +2 modifier, and will get a final TK value against armour of 1-3, depending on range and facing. Ironically, LMGs are better used against the armour because of their low firepower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.