Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Athearn
United States
Liberty
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some confusion on desert snake with multiple armies. Rules and cheat sheet state that it cancels the ability of any other creature (singular)

Using the snake with other monsters in your army, does the snake cancel out your other creature ability? I think it states in the rule that it only affects (effects?) your opponents stuff, however if the argument can be made that the snake cancels all other creatures, then it should mean yours also

I interpret that it only works against the enemy, then you should follow the singular rule: it only stops one creature- thematically it constricts one creature.

So:

Attacking (or defending from) an army with multiple creatures-does the snake cancel all of them or just one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick reply I'm sure other geeks will explain and document better than me: only one monster per army (player can own several monsters and play more than one as he/she can have several armies).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
Quick reply I'm sure other geeks will explain and document better than me: only one monster per army (player can own several monsters and play more than one as he/she can have several armies).

I wonder how this would work with the Chiron, with the CK3 expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Athearn
United States
Liberty
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state you can have more than one monster in an army, and abilities stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hello

Page 7 in the rulebook : "Important! A player can never have more than one creature on a given space, even if it is one of his city districts."

And in the official FAQ, we clarify that "whenever one side of the battle has a Deep Desert Snake present, the battle proceeds as if the other side had no creature at all." (question 4.1 in the FAQ)

Some clarification here : http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1086298/deep-desert-snake-vs...

Talking about Chiron (who is an exception for the page 7 rule), if he is with the Snake, he isn't an enemy creature. So the Snake has no effect on Chiron in this example.

Have fun (and sorry for my broken english) !

Guillaume Montiage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
But, if the Chiron was with an enemy troop, with another creature, I assume the snake would cancel the other creature, and leave Chiron unaffected? Or, would both be exempt from battle? Assuming the snake wouldn't affect Chiron's special ability, so he would have to stay?

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry if I am hi-jacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Athearn
United States
Liberty
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the obvious box explaining that only 1 creature in an army, and misinterpreted the rule about creatures abilities stacking with other powers- as multiple creatures ability stacking.

Thanks for the quick answers and clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
hello

As I said in this topic : http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1086298/deep-desert-snake-vs...

"This means that all "non-combat"power continues to operate."

The snake prevents enemy creatures to participate in combat. That's it.

The power of Chiron (which is not strictly speaking a combat power) remains active.

have fun :-)

Guillaume

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.