Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Carthage Generals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Belcher

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmb
The switching in and out of Roman generals seems pretty straight forward. You get two elected console and one you can keep as proconsole. I am finding the Carthage side to be a little more confusing. Maybe I am missing where it spells it out, but it seems like Carthage basically just gets to dump all of their generals on the board during the first reinforcement phase on the 2nd turn because the two not already out are considered displaced? Am I correct? Does this mean that Carthage goes through most of the game with 5 generals out to Rome's 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. You are not missing anything Carthage always has his 5 generals in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindan wrote:
...but it seems like Carthage basically just gets to dump all of their generals on the board during the first reinforcement phase on the 2nd turn because the two not already out are considered displaced? Am I correct?

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but there are not two Carthaginian generals displaced on the first turn. There are two that start the game subordinate to Hannibal (Gisgo and Mago, I think).

Carthage did not have the political restrictions that the Roman's did when electing new consuls, and instead left their generals in the field. So, you are correct that Carthage begins the game with all their generals in play, and does not have to replace any of them like Rome does.

The Roman player will have at least 2 Consuls and (possibly) a Proconsul in play until the 6th Turn. After that, they will have an additional Proconsul in Scipio Africanus (making it 3 or 4 generals for the Roman player at that point forward).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.