Subject: Solo Variant with Dummy Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Stutensee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
To play this solo variant you need a D10, D6 and D4 or a dice-app. The game is played with the usual rules for two players,except for the dummy player.

The dummy player gets the 5 base employee cards (these are used to count the dice rolls /actions of the dummy player) and the 16 property markers. Dummy Player needs no money or resources, he makes dresses by dice roll.

The dummy player gets 3 hand cards.
The dummy Player starts first.
When it is the turn of the dummy player, the dummy player plays a card and rolls a D6 regardless of the employee depicted on the card.
If the roll is a

1 = Favor Card dummy player becomes starting Player and / or gets 1 prestige point which is deducted at the end of the game from your prestige Points

2 = Aquire Resources, roll D10 (reroll if 0). Resources are counted left to right
e.g.:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
Discard the resource

3 = Make a Dress, roll D10 (reroll if 0), Dresses are counted left to right (e.g. Dress with a cost of 8 money is 1.) If there is no dress, choose the next nearest dress.
Dummy player always rents the dress. Roll D6 to determine the 5 halls. The King´s hall is 1 and so on. If you you roll a 6, reroll.
Dummy Player makes dresses always with the master and places the dress tiles on the Master Guest spaces if possible. Dummy player always tries to take (1.) money bonus, (2.)the free of charge warehous bonus, (3) yarn marker, (2.) lace marker

4= Hire a new Employee, roll D4 Employees are counted top - down., if there is no empolyee choose the next nearest employee. (if the dummy player has hired a new employee, the dummy player can take one action / dice roll more.)

5= depute dummy players employee, dummy player gets 1 prestige point which is deducted at the end of the game from your prestige points.

6 = Fund a decoration , Roll D4
1= Fireworks
2=Musician
3= Statue
4=Fountain Decoration
You roll additional a D6, if the dice roll is even it is the upper decoration, odd.: lower decoration
The dummy Player gets 1 Prestige Point for each occupied fountain decoration,which is substracted at the end of the game from your prestige Points.

Dummy Player always funds the most expensive Decoration

End of the game:
Score your highscore and remember to deduct the Prestige Point which the dummy player has earned during the game.

Excuse my bad english, last english lesson was in the late 80s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting this! I want to try this very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Naesborg
Denmark
Lynge
flag msg tools
badge
Deadpool
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the solo version this night and the Dummy came surprisely close.
I won with 59 points versus the Dummy with 51.

It felt a little strange that only I could get victory points in the "victory for money" reward step.
Maybe the Dummy player should receive 5 money/income fase + any fountain bonus and "Starting Player" bonus. That would make it more aggressive?

Has anybody else tried the solo version. What is your score?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Stutensee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tobias, thank you for your reply. My last highscore was 56. (I dont count the Dummy Player score) I reworked the solo version a little bit in the way that the Dummy Player gets 1 VP for the favor Card Action and 1 VP for any fountain decoration which in the end is substracted from your victory points. I like your idea that Dummy Player starts first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this just now and enjoyed it I scored 63 points after I deducted the dummy player's points. I enjoyed it. One thing I wanted to note, I'm not aware of a D9, so I used a D10, and if I rolled a 0, I just rerolled. Is this what other people did as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Stutensee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Kevin. I´m pleased that you have enjoyed the solo variant. You're right. A d9 only exists in my dice app. blush I have corrected that mistake, as you have suggested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting this game soon. can't wait to try this solo variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, your English is excellent! Thanks for this.

One question:

Quote:
Roll D4 to determine the 5 halls. The King´s hall is 1 and so on. If you you roll a 2, you roll additional a D6, if the dice roll is even it is hall 2, odd.: hall 3

This means 3 will come up more often. This is intentional, correct? you Or did you mean to distribute the probability evenly among the 5 choices (i.e., by using D5 on your dice app)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Stutensee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maby i am not good in math either. But i thought, that the probaility to determine hall 2 and hall 3 is 50% to 50%. But you can use a d6 and reroll if a 6 is rolled, or use a d5 if available. I´ll change this in the rulse becaus it seems to be easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
puje wrote:
Maby i am not good in math either. But i thought, that the probability to determine hall 2 and hall 3 is 50% to 50%. But you can use a d6 and reroll if a 6 is rolled, or use a d5 if available. I´ll change this in the rules because it seems to be easier.
Ok, sorry, I was confused. So with the D4, a 3 would equal 4, and a 4 would equal 5.

Yeah, I think it's easier just to use a D6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can i find the app for this?

Thx.