kristof van vliet
msg tools
When you decide to roll for a check when do you decide to add dices for a check (based on cards). Is this before you do the check or after you threw dices and then notice you do not have rolled enough? Can you then still play a blessing for example to add a die or should you have decided to play the card already before the check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before.

Once you roll the dice you are stuck with the result unless you have a card that specifically states it can be used after you failed the initial check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the risk reward mechanic of the game. If you are not confident of winning a check, you need to add dice. Sure sometimes you might add 3 dice to make sure you win a check and your base die is enough to win it, but at least you were sure going in.

I typically weight the check and the gain/loss. If i might lose a battle, but I can mitigate the damage I will likely incur, i might not try to pump my check dice before hand. However if it's an important fight, or a valuable item, i'll use every resource I have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.