United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a way to assign a game a location, and then filter on that data. Currently I can't see a way to mark a game as owned, and still be able to list out just the games that have this location property set. Any ideas on how I could do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your collection has a Private Information field, usually not shown. Go to your collection, pick Columns, and tick Private Information on. You may want to drop some other column(s) to get a good table width for your display.

You can put anything you want in Private Information.

To prevent having to readjust columns every time you want to see the new view you've created, you can save it as a new view (using Views, next to Columns). Or, if you look to the right, you'll see Permalink. Click on that to put all your settings into the URL. You can then save that URL as a browser bookmark/favorite or Quickbar entry, making your new collection view one click away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very close to what I'm looking for, but I can't sort or filter based on Private Info. If I could get a Permalink that had an argument that said "Private Info Comments = Downstairs shelf" that would be perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that some of the alphanumeric columns that are sortable don't sort on the value inside the field. It's sorts by the date the field was last modified. So before you go to a lot of trouble of inputting data in whichever column you pick, check the field to see how it sorts…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.