Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I realize there isn't much to put in yet but since this is a magazine game I think I'm going to write the changes right into the rulebook where I can. Is anyone putting together a list?

Question for Mr. Starkweather -- the rules make mention of this still being a three-parter. Do you think we'll see the Eastern Front and Sea War pieces published?

Straight up, this is a great purchase at the price. I like big counters, but damn, $24 doesn't buy you a copy of Carc these days. The smaller ones will do just fine. The coloring on my counter sheet was a dead match for the cuts and the map is beautiful too. Fully usable, attractive design, well-executed. The rules are very well written. I need to keep a closer eye on Special Operations magazine if this is the kind of material they put in it.

Haven't played the official version, but my play of the beta at Winter Offensive a few years back was a great experience. My plan is to have this one on the table at this coming WO, sooner if possible.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kudos...

No real errata yet - a few setup errors (but just trust the counters over the map)...I'll put something official out but am just waiting more data to try and catch everything.

As for the eastern and world game (as well as my advanced version of this game) - they look pretty much dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'll forward you my address so you can send me the working copy of the Eastern Front version.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this Saturday, had a great time. Before the game I went through all the posts here and compiled by own "unofficial" errata.

Errata
Counter Sheet: The 6th French Mutiny corp is not needed
Setup: There are only 12 British 3x2 corps in the reserve box
Rules: USA units may retreat. All other non-replaceable units (Stoss, BEF, Belgians) may not

Cards Clarifications
Esprit de Corps + Independent Initiative - 4 units each do a simple action, then those same 4 units do another simple action. Example of play is wrong.
Kaiser Offensive - This card counts as one of the 8 cards for the turn
Machine Guns - The effect lasts the entire turn
Poison Gas - Neither side may play a battlefield recovery card in the area

Adam, bring the eastern front game to WO, I would love to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Swekla
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a print and play version of the east front game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From CSW:

The setup for French 9th Army does not appear in paragraph 2 (Setting Up the Game), but does appear on the map in Reims with 2 * 3-2. The map is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant wrote:
Thanks for the kudos...

No real errata yet - a few setup errors (but just trust the counters over the map)...I'll put something official out but am just waiting more data to try and catch everything.

As for the eastern and world game (as well as my advanced version of this game) - they look pretty much dead.

Dead as in not being designed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I think "not being developed" would be a more accurate choice of words. I've played a working version, photos of which can be seen here -- http://fortressat.com/blogs-by-members/889-multimans-winter-...

The clever part was that the Eastern Front and Western Front games were to be played in tandem, with the German players required to move troops from one front to the other (and back I believe) in a fashion similar to how August 1914 actually played out. A four-player wargame that was more or less two two-player wargames that interrelated to each other.

If Starkweather sold the files for the map, cards and East Front pieces I'd build a copy.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chan
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this yesterday and noticed that the rules mention setting up in "Alsace", but the map says "Mulhouse".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.