Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to play w the expansion with 5 or 6 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There is nothing to stop you playing with 5-6 players with the base game and/or the expansion. However, there are only four fan counters that come with the base set, and six balls, and so Players 5 and 6 would have to record their score by pen & paper and a proxy ball for the 7th match-up would be required. The balls with Sudden Death make this a non-issue however you would need to remove some of the event cards that see extra balls in ball regardless.

I'm hopeful that in a future expansion we will see another couple of fan counters released. I don't think the game will be optimal with so many player but, that said, I would be happy to play such a game if all players were experienced and played quickly. It would certainly be nice to have the option and 5 players especially would be OK I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played half a dozen games with 5 players. It still works great. Just don't let the game run for too long because certain teams become even stronger and better end game fan potential as the game length increases. (Im looking at you Humans).

Our gaming group has 2 copies of the game so its easy for us to increase numbers of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
With 6 players you could break up into 3 teams of two. Teammates would then be able to commit players together and get the same payouts whether or not they have any of their own players committed to the matchups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.